List A cricket - 60th anniversary

bumble2

Full Back
How it all began. And we’re still trying to solve the same sort of problems!

How it all began. And we’re still trying to solve the same sort of problems!

World Champions and still the ECB have downgraded it…

There is always some twisting mate it’s in their nature.

In fact it’s a running theme on this board
In it's original form it was little different to established cricket. White clothing,red ball and no fielding restrictions. Never heard or read of any disapproval. Different forms of the game have evolved to appeal to varying tastes However, cricket fans are fully entitled to their preferred form of cricket surely. Why label then "twisting?"

In its original form it was little different to established cricket. White clothing,red ball and no fielding restrictions. Never heard or read of any disapproval. Different forms of the game have evolved to appeal to varying tastes However, cricket fans are fully entitled to their preferred form of cricket surely. Why label then "twisting?"
Of course people have their preferred form that’s perfectly natural

However what I have seen over many years on this board, that is more what I was alluding too, is a lot lot more negative comments than positive ones over various subjects involving cricket, even more soo recently

I suppose tbf having a forum to express views encourages that to a point, so I maybe I am been a little bit unfair.

But what I see after watching cricket for 40 years in this country is the current game in all formats is more entertaining than ever before!! , by quite a long way, and the England team taking into account all formats is also more successful than ever before!!

Taking into account both them two elements you would think would provide positive after positive comments about cricket in England at the moment.

But I simply don’t see a lot of positive comments about that on here.

But I do see a lot of twisting outweighing positive comments

Last edited:
Of course people have their preferred form that’s perfectly natural

However what I have seen over many years on this board, that is more what I was alluding too, is a lot lot more negative comments than positive ones over various subjects involving cricket, even more soo recently

I suppose tbf having a forum to express views encourages that to a point, so I maybe I am been a little bit unfair.

But what I see after watching cricket for 40 years in this country is the current game in all formats is more entertaining than ever before!! , by quite a long way, and the England team taking into account all formats is also more successful than ever before!!

Taking into account both them two elements you would think would provide positive after positive comments about cricket in England at the moment.

But I simply don’t see a lot of positive comments about that on here.

But I do see a lot of twisting outweighing positive comments
It would be a rather boring and pointless forum if everyone agreed on every topic. The objection I was making is that people offering a conflicting view aren't " twisting".
I don't have a problem with your view that everything in cricket is better than ever in your lifetime( have you watched England's last 3 white ball games.🤔?) but I ' d disagree. Conflicting views should be accepted and not implied as being negative,moaning or twisting.

It would be a rather boring and pointless forum if everyone agreed on every topic. The objection I was making is that people offering a conflicting view aren't " twisting".
I don't have a problem with your view that everything in cricket is better than ever in your lifetime( have you watched England's last 3 white ball games.🤔?) but I ' d disagree. Conflicting views should be accepted and not implied as being negative,moaning or twisting.
Well yes totally agree it’s what makes this board interesting contrasting views and totally respect yours and totally see your above point.

And always enjoy the debate with yourself

Was just making two points mainly, that link.

One been a general point that there is a more negative than positive comments about English cricket on this board from what I have read and two I find that surprising considering the current success taking into all formats and the superb entertainment on show, especially the total revolution and exciting brand of test cricket we now playing.

Last edited:
Well yes totally agree it’s what makes this board interesting contrasting views and totally respect yours and totally see your above point.

And always enjoy the debate with yourself

Was just making two points mainly, that link.

One been a general point that there is a more negative than positive comments about English cricket on this board from what I have read and two I find that surprising considering the current success taking into all formats and the superb entertainment on show, especially the total revolution and exciting brand of test cricket we now playing.
I suppose whether a comment is negative or positive is purely subjective. There were many advocating Anderson should have been dropped to be replaced by Tongue. Is that a criticism of Anderson or a positive comment to improve the team overall ?
Again,It's simply a personal opinion.

Has a moan about ‘twisting’ by doing exactly the same themselves :lol:
Aye you right I do, I twist about the twisters:D
I suppose whether a comment is negative or positive is purely subjective. There were many advocating Anderson should have been dropped to be replaced by Tongue. Is that a criticism of Anderson or a positive comment to improve the team overall ?
Again,It's simply a personal opinion.
I think that’s a positive comment to improve the team.

But I am more talking about general negative comments outweighing positive comments

Last edited:
Makes you no better than them then, doesn’t it…
Like I said to you a thousand times mate it’s not about winning or been better it’s just expressing opinions.

The England test team is the most entertaining it’s ever been by a country mile, we world champions in other two formats.

And we seem to have all of sudden depth as well with young players coming through.

I am generally a positive person therefore I genuinely struggle why the above is not extremely positive for English cricket and am simply expressing that view, that I am surprised why there is not more positive comments in general for English cricket

Last edited:
I swear the most argumentative people on the entire board are all on the cricket forum.

I only have a handful of people on ignore but the entire sub forum is just a load of one sided arguments between all the regulars and a few people i can't see :lol:

I thought the Wisden article was really interesting. Shame it just provoked the same old squabbles. Did anyone actually read it?

Back