Like the new attendance site

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ridiculous. We are no different to any other club. If we are doing well and playing good football we'll get 30k plus if not we'll get under 25k.

There's a number of factors why people can't go to games and people don't need an excuse. I think it's pathetic to have a go at 'fair weather' supporters and feel superior because you are a "die hard" who goes every week.

Sorry, but they are fair game. There are plenty of fans who can’t go to games for genuine reasons (exiles/money/job etc) and I would never have ago at them and never will.

However, there is a sizable element who bitch and moan yet never bother their pathetic arse to get to the match - despite the fact they live within 10-15 miles of the SOL. They instead post negative shite on places like here. It also has to be said, this element is unbelievably precious and are the first to sulk when called out.

The problem is; when this element is called out on here the wrong people get offended.

Sorry, but they are fair game. There are plenty of fans who can’t go to games for genuine reasons (exiles/money/job etc) and I would never have ago at them and never will.

However, there is a sizable element who bitch and moan yet never bother their pathetic arse to get to the match - despite the fact they live within 10-15 miles of the SOL. They instead post negative shite on places like here. It also has to be said, this element is unbelievably precious and are the first to sulk when called out.

The problem is; when this element is called out on here the wrong people get offended.
My apologies mate.

The reason the wrong people get offended is they feel are being targeted because they want to go but can't. I realize the fans you are talking about now.

Could be.a 33k crowd today. Amazing support

I was in Germany a couple of months ago with work and talk turned to football.
Who do you support questions came up as usual.

“Sunderland”

They asked what league we are in and I explained the 3rd tier. When I told them the crowds we get they laughed as they thought I was joking. So I showed them the attendances and they were genuinely gobsmacked and said that it was impossible for that to happen and that my club must be very very special

Two of them coming over for a match in the spring - hope we are going well and the place is rammed

Made me feel very proud of our support. People who knock the numbers we are getting are insane

There’s nowt like a good owld generalisation.

Could be.a 33k crowd today. Amazing support

I was in Germany a couple of months ago with work and talk turned to football.
Who do you support questions came up as usual.

“Sunderland”

They asked what league we are in and I explained the 3rd tier. When I told them the crowds we get they laughed as they thought I was joking. So I showed them the attendances and they were genuinely gobsmacked and said that it was impossible for that to happen and that my club must be very very special

Two of them coming over for a match in the spring - hope we are going well and the place is rammed

Made me feel very proud of our support. People who knock the numbers we are getting are insane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back