Liam

Status
Not open for further replies.

like some drunk radgie doing bad karaoke. all that fake anger to camera. yawn.

i cannot see Liam’s name on the songwriting credits for the likes of Rock n Roll Star and Morning Glory etc. Presumably he pays Noel royalties every time he murders those songs on stage.

Last edited:
This biggest weekend thing was very safe in it's line up so I was pleased to see Liam rock it up a bit .
But today , Nigel Kennedy ffs !!! The BBC just can't help themselves can they !

Imagine not thinking he was good in the mid 90s :lol:
like some drunk radgie doing bad karaoke. all that fake anger to camera. yawn.

i cannot see Liam’s name on the songwriting credits for the likes of Rock n Roll Star and Morning Glory etc. Presumably he pays Noel royalties every time he murders those songs on stage.

He made them. Hence Noel didn't put them down or release them until Liam came along, despite having written them years before.

wasnt he touring with U2?

No. Noel was. Liam supported the Stones.

Last edited:
Come on let’s face it, he’s always been an Ian Brown wannabe and his band were always a Stone Roses Lite, for nobodies who wanted to pretend they were real lads.

There's some truth in that, although he was a vastly superior live singer than Brown.

Mind the Roses did well getting out when they did or their reputation could've been in tatters. An excellent debut and a mediocre follow up and then oblivion. The two songs they put out recently were disgusting.

Last edited:
Watching it now and its painful. Toe curlingly bad. He's become a (out of tune) character of himself. He looks like he's not very well.

On the other side, I watched Noel's set earlier which was excellent. Tight band, singing in tune, well polished and good songs.

Given up on it now (about 20 minutes in). Put on The Selecter instead.

Last edited:
Just watching him at Glastonbury last Summer, the difference in performance is huge. Like I said, a year plus of none stop touring is far too much for him. Mind he wasn't as bad as some are making out, particularly on his own songs.

Watching it now and its painful. Toe curlingly bad. He's become a (out of tune) character of himself. He looks like he's not very well.

On the other side, I watched Noel's set earlier which was excellent. Tight band, singing in tune, well polished and good songs.

Given up on it now (about 20 minutes in). Put on The Selecter instead.

And yet Noels gig at Newcastle got slated and Liam's was loved.

Last edited:
His voice isn't strong enough to compete against the wall of guitars and hasn't been for a good 15 years. He sounded much better with Beady Eye (at times) than in the last 5 years of Oasis as they built the songs around his vocals rather than ramping the amps up and he's done a few intimate/acoustic performances on this tour which sound good, but on the big stage singing old Oasis songs he sounds f***ing awful.

Also like dangermows says he always sounds better at the start of a tour than at the end

Can only go on what I’ve just seen and heard.

I really enjoyed Noel marra. I was apparently in the minority.

His voice isn't strong enough to compete against the wall of guitars and hasn't been for a good 15 years. He sounded much better with Beady Eye (at times) than in the last 5 years of Oasis as they built the songs around his vocals rather than ramping the amps up and he's done a few intimate/acoustic performances on this tour which sound good, but on the big stage singing old Oasis songs he sounds f***ing awful.

Also like dangermows says he always sounds better at the start of a tour than at the end

He's good here, early doors, on a song that is suited to his vocal of today and not with guitars ramped up so he needs to shout over the top of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back