Lewis on BBC radio

"it's difficult to judge the batting at the moment". Then went onto justify that comment by saying it's difficult to judge due to us giving teams too much of a total when bowling. He's an absolute idiot that bloke

"it's difficult to judge the batting at the moment". Then went onto justify that comment by saying it's difficult to judge due to us giving teams too much of a total when bowling. He's an absolute idiot that bloke

Have you got a link to the clip?

Not saying he's of sound mind, but in fairness - if you're conceding 320+ In 50 overs, you aren't winning many games of cricket.

In fairness I agree with his comments to a point. However his comments are a damning indictment on him.

In fairness I agree with his comments to a point. However his comments are a damning indictment on him.
Aye similar to when Gale talks about speaking with the lads about this and that but them not taking it out into the middle. Clearly they have no respect for the bloke who was never anything more than an average county plodder, who most of them used to play alongside then all of a sudden he's preaching at them on how they're not "doing the basics right" and "standing up". Lees, who I doubt will be here beyond this season and to some extent Rashid have apparently already told him what to do with his "advice". Sidebottom turned down a coaching role alongside him to join Surrey.

Indeed, but I'd counter that the bowling lost us both games.
It's not helping but 123 all out in about 30 overs on a flat track is embarrassing. For the coach to say it's difficult to judge that is very concerning when we even struggled 2 days earlier on our home wicket. Yesterday was our second heaviest defeat in one day cricket, only 1 run off our heaviest and this knacker says it's difficult to judge the batting, unbelievable.

Last edited:
It's not helping but 123 all out in about 30 overs on a flat track is embarrassing. For the coach to say it's difficult to judge that is very concerning when we even struggled 2 days earlier on our home wicket. Yesterday was our second heaviest defeat in one day cricket, only 1 run off our heaviest and this knacker says it's difficult to judge the batting, unbelievable.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but he's kind of meant to sugar coat things to protect the players - that's what managers do. I bet it'll be very different behind closed dressing room doors.

I would add though, that it'll be interesting to see how we fare when we get the opportunity to bat first.

Ultimately, since winning the trophy a few years ago - we've lost Stoneman, Jennings, Borthwick, Coughlin, Mustard and Breese - all very useful with the bat in their hands.

There are some things you can blame the coach solely for and others you simply can't.

As I alluded to on the match thread, we're quite clearly in a state of flux. It's going to take a number of years and some pretty drastic recruitment/development to get to where we feel we should be - challenging for trophies.

Factor in too, that Colly is getting closer to retirement and I genuinely fear it may be another decade before we can properly compete for honours again.

I think we need to acknowledge we won't be winning anything this year and try to enjoy the young side for what it is. When the competition is wrapped up, then we can dissect what went before - until then I think we owe it to the club to be patient.

Harker and FTECB are majorly to blame for our current plight. I understand frustration at Lewis, I know some on here can't bide him but for me I don't think we have any alternative unfortunately. Some things are coachable, others are not.

Last edited:
Lewis should have been peddled last year. I’ve never been his biggest fan however isn’t he very pallly with Colly hence the Di Venuto/Benkenstein shanningans
I agree he should have been but can they afford to get rid of him? He will be on a pittance and no doubt replacing him will be a costly business. Or they just repeat and appoint Killeen and pay him the same

I'd like to see Killeen moved up and Breese brought in. Get Callum Thorp out the ticket office as well.
They better consult with their other employers at Burnopfield first though.

I know Killeen has been with England u19, but is he good enough for 1st team? Surely the same as Lewis, played with a lot of the squad now having to lead them

I'm not disagreeing with you, but he's kind of meant to sugar coat things to protect the players - that's what managers do. I bet it'll be very different behind closed dressing room doors.

I would add though, that it'll be interesting to see how we fare when we get the opportunity to bat first.

Ultimately, since winning the trophy a few years ago - we've lost Stoneman, Jennings, Borthwick, Coughlin, Mustard and Breese - all very useful with the bat in their hands.

There are some things you can blame the coach solely for and others you simply can't.

As I alluded to on the match thread, we're quite clearly in a state of flux. It's going to take a number of years and some pretty drastic recruitment/development to get to where we feel we should be - challenging for trophies.

Factor in too, that Colly is getting closer to retirement and I genuinely fear it may be another decade before we can properly compete for honours again.

I think we need to acknowledge we won't be winning anything this year and try to enjoy the young side for what it is. When the competition is wrapped up, then we can dissect what went before - until then I think we owe it to the club to be patient.

Harker and FTECB are majorly to blame for our current plight. I understand frustration at Lewis, I know some on here can't bide him but for me I don't think we have any alternative unfortunately. Some things are coachable, others are not.

Agree with this. You know my thoughts on Harker, he's a parasite that bloke, a rotten apple who is still hanging about like a bad smell. We've been crippled that's something we can all agree on, salary cap also doesn't help etc. I've watched a lot of games since the ECB punishment and I'm just not coming away thinking "I can see Lewis and Walker really pushing this lad on", I'm just not getting that feeling and people I speak to at the games, share that opinion.

Bowled out for 123 the other day and saying it's difficult to judge the batting, is something I'm quite alarmed about.

They better consult with their other employers at Burnopfield first though.

I know Killeen has been with England u19, but is he good enough for 1st team? Surely the same as Lewis, played with a lot of the squad now having to lead them

Killeen works with the 2nd XI at the club and I saw Gareth Breese doing some work in the nets at a recent home game as well. Thorp is already employed by the club. Just think the club needs a fresh approach.

We'll never know about Killeen until we give him a go. He's worked previously with The Netherlands also.

See how it all goes but I haven't been convinced with Lewis and Walker for quite some time now.

As Brandon says, it will be interesting to see what we do IF we ever bat first in this competition

Last edited:
Killeen works with the 2nd XI at the club and I saw Gareth Breese doing some work in the nets at a recent home game as well. Thorp is already employed by the club. Just think the club needs a fresh approach.

We'll never know about Killeen until we give him a go. He's worked previously with The Netherlands also.

See how it all goes but I haven't been convinced with Lewis and Walker for quite some time now.

As Brandon says, it will be interesting to see what we do IF we ever bat first in this competition
I knoiw they are all involved with the club at present. My Burnopfield comment was more tongue in cheek really

Back