Letter from Brian Clough

I’m certain I’ve seen this letter before and the young lady was the late Audrey Bailey. Audrey was a stalwart at SAFCSA. She worked along side George Foster and the Committee at SAFCSA and she was a regular at away games as well as Roker Park. She along with the Committee used to visit our Branch at Houghton in 1970’s where we had some fantastic, sell out, nights in the Buffs Club.

The three worst things to happen to our great club... the bung/payments bollocks in 1957..they were all at it ....the refusal of the board to appoint mr big heed as boss and the day those three shits took ownership of our great club ........of all of those cockups i think not signing clough in the mid seventies was the biggest mistake of them all .i think we would have become big enough to survive his decline and would be a top six club now............................sad days and the lament of what could have been...nothing to see here younguns just the maudline rememberings of an old fekka ..move on!

The three worst things to happen to our great club... the bung/payments bollocks in 1957..they were all at it ....the refusal of the board to appoint mr big heed as boss and the day those three shits took ownership of our great club ........of all of those cockups i think not signing clough in the mid seventies was the biggest mistake of them all .i think we would have become big enough to survive his decline and would be a top six club now............................sad days and the lament of what could have been...nothing to see here younguns just the maudline rememberings of an old fekka ..move on!
Nottingham Forest won the European Cup twice and still went down to Division 3, no certainties.
As for being manager here, could you imagine Brian Clough in his prime having to report to Speakeasy? 😕

Back