Lethal weapon a christmas film?

junglist31

Central Defender
It starts off with Xmas music but that's about it. It's sunny as fook all the time and it was released in March 87. Don't get it.

It's sunny because it's set in LA. It takes place entirely in the lead up to Christmas, starts with Jingle Bell Rock and a bust in a Christmas tree pot, ends with the loopy Vietnam veteran having Christmas dinner at his partners house and stars Darlene Love, singer of the greatest ever Christmas song.

It's sunny because it's set in LA. It takes place entirely in the lead up to Christmas, starts with Jingle Bell Rock and a bust in a Christmas tree pot, ends with the loopy Vietnam veteran having Christmas dinner at his partners house and stars Darlene Love, singer of the greatest ever Christmas song.
But why release it in march?

But why release it in march?

I mean, if it was filmed over the Christmas period, it makes sense it was ready by March.

What, do you think they should have just kept it in the bag ready to release for another 9 months or so just so that it could get a winter release?

Step brothers isn't a Xmas film . But . Hoy it on every Xmas time . For comedy value alone . Best comedy film by a mile imo ...

I mean, if it was filmed over the Christmas period, it makes sense it was ready by March.

What, do you think they should have just kept it in the bag ready to release for another 9 months or so just so that it could get a winter release?
What's the point in the Xmas theme unless you're releasing it in winter time? Just make a normal film.

Yeah.
Edit. I can take most things in moderation, even the things i don't like.

Mags
Religion
Politicians.
But it's the extreme versions i cannot tolerate.
I wouldn't rush to watch anything he made now, but films he made 20 years before he went crazy, I can separate the man from the art.

Also, Lethal Weapon 2 is probably the only film I can think of where the sequel is better than the original.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t worry about it, Bruce Willis has categorically said Die Hard is not a Christmas movie yet some people still claim it is.
Bruce Willis is not the boss of Die Hard. He's there to do the pretending. The meaning of the film is in the eye of the viewer. If a viewer wants to interpret it as a Christmas film (because again, it takes place at Christmas and Christmas is referenced in it several times), that's up to them.

I wouldn't rush to watch anything he made now, but films he made 20 years before he went crazy, I can separate the man from the art.

Also, Lethal Weapon 2 is probably the only film I can think of where the sequel is better than the original.
I watching lethal weapon 2 now. Its fookin rubbish.

Back