Leo Fuhr Hjelde - signed

I thought he started well at Bro’ but it’s been downhill all the way for him since. Because he’s come into a struggling team, I certainly wouldn’t right him off yet.

I thought he looked solid against Boro on his debut where we were under the cosh but then he had Clarke ahead of him where you can just put it in his general direction and he’ll keep it. Since then, he’s looked Callum McFadzean levels of shite
Maybe not as bad as McFadzean but he definitely has that similar look to McFadzean where he doesn't look like he has full control of his body.

He doesn't look great. One thing I will say is at current t he's probably our fourth choice left back if they were all fit. Unfortunately we are a bunch of crocks and the other three are constantly on the medical table.

I'm amazed at the people who thought he looked decent against Boro mind. Struggled to pass 5 yards at times , gets caught under the ball from deep crosses constantly and just seems in general clueless. That goal we conceded yesterday between him and O9 was something like Laurel and Hardy.

I thought he started well at Bro’ but it’s been downhill all the way for him since. Because he’s come into a struggling team, I certainly wouldn’t right him off yet.
I wouldn't write him off yet either. You can make a decent athlete with half a brain cell into a canny centre half. As long as he knows where his body parts are 90% of the time without thinking. Thinking and playing is too hard for some and not necessary for simple defending or going up for corners.

It’s the price tag where you don’t get a quality championship player. Is anyone surprised in his level? Even a championship club didn’t want him and were happy to cash in on him to at the time a side quite high up in the league.

You get what you pay for.

Nonsense.

Cost same as Dan Ballard and Patrick Roberts. And more than Cirkin, Alese - who both look better in exactly the same position.

Terrible signing.

Last edited:
To be fair he isn’t a left back is he ? If we are talking about full backs not playing well then Hume has been terrible all season
Of course he’s a left back. From U21 through to senior football he’s made 35 appearances at left back and 17 at centre back, just because he has played in more than 1 position people are clinging onto the fact that he “isn’t a left back” in the hope that he’ll be less shit in another position he’s far less experienced in.

Totally agree. Couldn’t believe the response he got on here after the Boro gane I thought he was a mile of wank that game but because we scored late alot was forgotten about. He’s absolutely dreadful
Is that the game he kicked the ball out of play 18 times? Or the next one. Sure it was Boro. He was garabage..

Totally agree. Couldn’t believe the response he got on here after the Boro gane I thought he was a mile of wank that game but because we scored late alot was forgotten about. He’s absolutely dreadful
I said this at the time but doubted what I’d seen because of the positive response on here.

First thing I noticed how wayward his passing was, similar to styles last week, I was hopeful he might just need time, but my initial assessment that they are both shite doesn’t look like changing

Back