lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morphious

Full Back
Afternoon all. After some guidance if possible. I'm looking at getting the 24-70 and 70-200mm f2.8 lenses and can't stretch to the Canon L prices yet. Do any of you guys have any experience with either the Sigma or Tamron lenses.

Cheers

Afternoon all. After some guidance if possible. I'm looking at getting the 24-70 and 70-200mm f2.8 lenses and can't stretch to the Canon L prices yet. Do any of you guys have any experience with either the Sigma or Tamron lenses.

Cheers
Yes I have the tamron. If you're local, I'm happy to have a look out with you one night and you can try it out.

Yes I have the tamron. If you're local, I'm happy to have a look out with you one night and you can try it out.
virtually impossible to phrase that in a more groomy fashion ;)

You're a disgrace with the drink in the lakes iirc :lol:
I was very very drunk when I got that shot of Miners Bridge. You can see a can of lager on the rocks on some of the photos I'm tagged in on FB. Had whisky in my water bottle anarl.

Didn't set foot on a single jetty in the lakes this weekend. I think all of this cyber bullying has taken its toll...
get much?

hang on , i'll rephrase that

take any photos?

Last edited by a moderator:
get much?

hang on , i'll rephrase that

take any photos?
:D

Working through them. Done some pretty big panos. There's one on my Flickr.
View from Dale Head is lush but it was very hazy.
Done a sunset at Bassenthwaite looking on to skiddaw but it wasn't great.

its 3 shots stitched. Wish I'd taken off my little stopper for the top shot so I didn't get movement in the trees. Drunk photography doesn't pay.
Slowing it down for the water? Do you not have something like a 0.6 or 0.9 hard grad that can go over the whole image that'd slow it down enough?

Might have not affected the tree as much. Little stopper is 5 or 6 stops?

:D

Working through them. Done some pretty big panos. There's one on my Flickr.
View from Dale Head is lush but it was very hazy.
Done a sunset at Bassenthwaite looking on to skiddaw but it wasn't great.

Slowing it down for the water? Do you not have something like a 0.6 or 0.9 hard grad that can go over the whole image that'd slow it down enough?

Might have not affected the tree as much. Little stopper is 5 or 6 stops?
Don't think the gards cover the whole of the image do they? Already was using a 3 stop hard grad for the sky then a little stopper behind it for the water but I could have taken the little stopper off to speed up the shutter speed on the top scene so the tree's were sharp. Live and learn.

Sorry for derailing your thread btw OP.

Don't think the gards cover the whole of the image do they? Already was using a 3 stop hard grad for the sky then a little stopper behind it for the water but I could have taken the little stopper off to speed up the shutter speed on the top scene so the tree's were sharp. Live and learn.

NEVER apologise ;)

My Lee hard grad filters cover the whole image. Certainly from 24mm upwards using the Tamron. Can't remember if I've done it at a wider focal point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back