Left overs

Dash riprock

Central Defender
Right , im tight , dont mind admitting it but mainly waste bugs me .
To that effect i try to make something with whats in the fridge when its starting to fade rather than chuck it .
This morning half a pack of chicken, an old leek, couple of slices of bacon (not enough for a sarnie), some tail end spuds and half a pot of spare cream =chicken, leek and potato topped bake for tea .
Some of the spud , tail end of a pack of xmas smoked salmon , 3 eggs = brunch spanish omelette.
Also knocking up all the veg left over ( cabbage, carrott, peppers , onion , tomatoes) into some bags of curry base gravy to freeze.
Whats your fridge/cupboard clearance menus ?

Last edited:

To that effect i try to make something with whats in the fridge when its starting to fade rather than chuck it .
This morning half a pack of chicken, an old leek, couple of slices of bacon (not enough for a sarnie), some tail end spuds and half a pot of spare cream =chicken, leek and potato topped bake for tea .
Some of the spud , tail end of a pack of xmas smoked salmon , 3 eggs = brunch spanish omelette.
Also knocking up all the veg left over ( cabbage, carrott, peppers , onion , tomatoes) into some bags of curry base gravy to freeze.
Usually soup or curry. Did Marco Pierre Whites Turkey curry last year. Often have bacon, garlic, chilli and any green leaf leftover in pasta. ( sprouts work really well). Despite costing about 50 p a portion it’s a treat that I make myself if wife and son are out.
Any veg leftovers, cooked or just past their best into soup. Bit of bubble and squeak occasionally.

Soup

Usually soup or curry. Did Marco Pierre Whites Turkey curry last year. Often have bacon, garlic, chilli and any green leaf leftover in pasta. ( sprouts work really well). Despite costing about 50 p a portion it’s a treat that I make myself if wife and son are out.
Any veg leftovers, cooked or just past their best into soup. Bit of bubble and squeak occasionally.
Been put off using cooked meat left overs in curry ,caught a dodgy belly off some pork once although it was probably my fault .
Just seen some sprouts and broccoli in the fridge that will be ready for last minute job next time i cook on Jan 2nd . Think ill do indian potato patties with them

Last edited:

Back