Lee Johnson

He got lucky with a New Owner bounce. The bloke was shit and tinkering and was given deserved criticism for his tactics and stupid speak after his first 10 games.

New owner came in and the players were playing out of there skin. He kept it simple and piped down after getting deserved criticism. He now thinks he’s gods gift again and has reverted to trying to tinker and try anything, and with the new owner bounce gone we’ve fell on our arses.

The truth is, he thinks he’s Pep Guardiola, and way too clever for us and for league one. The reality is, Bristol fans were bang on, he’s a streaky average Manager, who won’t take us forward.

It has been a super human effort from Lee to turn the team around this second half of the season. I just sense a bit of mental fatigue in the players after digging so deep for so long.
Absolutely this. I also still stand firm that the season is too long to also have a cup run. We saw it under Ross where the team completely ran out of gas toward the key part of the season. People can argue if he had the whole season we’d be better off but it’s just too many games.

and as for the dummy spitters in this thread. They’ve always been an issue at this club. Cue the “always the fans fault” response but yes. The whining arsehole ones need to grow a pair.

Inexcusable. Losing games is part of the journey, but the tinkering with formation, selection of players and the pub style 4 man substitutes, giver over.

We've been crap for weeks and results have glossed over it

The lad has clearly done some good stuff and improved certain players, especially Wyke. However, we were warned by Bristol City fans that he has winning runs followed by losing runs which he can't work out how to stop. This is what has happened. When we needed leadership and someone to instil self belief we have a manager who panics, throws on 4 subs and reverts to launching long balls up to 2 big men. While I am happy to give him time he won't get 4 years like he did at Bristol City.

At the risk of sounding like a knee jerk it looks like he's got a major flaw in his abilities - as we all know he has never got a team promoted. While he deserves credit for our good run and getting us in contention tonight was 100% down to the manager and that is very worrying.

I couldn’t fathom out what the formation was at various stages of the game and once we went behind it was like watching a schoolboy team.

We saw his first tactic from kick off tbf.

Put the ball out wide all night and load the box with crosses.

His brand of football is absolutely lifting like

He takes some of the blame definitely, subs were baffling as was going to a back 3.

Some things were beyond Johnson today though. I’m talking about the following...

- No one near Wyke whenever the ball went up to him, there should be at least one willing runner, but not us. Wyke then resorted to what we saw before we started scoring ie falling over and not even holding it.

- Utter f***ing cowardice in terms of going in for second balls, Wigan won every single one in the second half, eventually we stopped even trying to win the first one. 85 minutes and chasing the game and we’re letting their wingers just bring balls down from long balls forward.

- Bailey Wright, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt as his first game back and not ideal to be thrown in just before kick off but he was just woeful today.

- 4 goals conceded because we haven’t defended balls in the box in the last 2 games. Today twice they had someone spare at the back post.

Don’t want to be too critical but that’s 3 games in a row he’s needed to make a quadruple substitution, which suggests to me he’s picking the wrong team. Too much chopping and changing for me, not allowing players to find form or rhythm. Good teams pick themselves, especially when the pressure is on. I understand the tiredness argument but adrenaline will carry the players through big games and big moments.

I’ve warmed to him since he was appointed, but he’s always struck me as being someone who’ll try and be too clever for his own good. He doesn’t know his best team and we are changing shape far too often. It’s bit us on the arse the last few days and I think we might have too much to do now when it was in our hands.

Back