Lee Johnson

Sorry for being late in the thread, just read up on Lee Johnson, it seems everywhere he's been he's been applauded for the style of football he's played, that's not something Moyes, Ross, Parky can have said about them. Sure the Bristol City fan on here will have his opinion but playing football with at least some attacking intend has got to be better than the dross we've had recently.

Sorry for being late in the thread, just read up on Lee Johnson, it seems everywhere he's been he's been applauded for the style of football he's played, that's not something Moyes, Ross, Parky can have said about them. Sure the Bristol City fan on here will have his opinion but playing football with at least some attacking intend has got to be better than the dross we've had recently.
I just want us to have a style and act like the biggest club in this division, times under Ross and nearly all of parkys time here it was like we were minnows punching above our weight. We should be going for teams and tossing our weight about this league not going a goal up and shutting up shop.

gone from absolutely buzzing at the thought of Poyet taking charge again to this. fair enough was probably alot of nostalgia in there but i feel we f***ing need it at the minute. and now I'm just deflated and can't be arsed again. what an utterly uninspiring appointment

chaps sorry to say little lee is not all that,he is a man that likes his own hype small man big head,sorry chaps but i have watched some rubbish over the years,its been that bad i have stood in the concourse at 3.20 with me thatcher's and watch the tv

I just want us to have a style and act like the biggest club in this division, times under Ross and nearly all of parkys time here it was like we were minnows punching above our weight. We should be going for teams and tossing our weight about this league not going a goal up and shutting up shop.

Or shutting up shop and settling for a 1-1 draw, Ross I know had loads of draws but at least he wasn’t actively playing for a draw like Parkinson.

No point whining because he's not a 'name'. As if a League One team is going to get a prominent manager - why would a big name manager take the risk of coming to a club with a track record of churning through manager. Better instead to look to a younger hungry manager that desperately wants to prove himself at a bigger club.

Let's see whether he can get these players looking like footballers for a start - that would be an improvement.

And hopefully the DoF role leaves the manager to focus on team matters.

Regarding the DoF role, I like the idea that they want to develop players and bring them through - if we can get that pipeline sorted (and there are loads of quality young players in the NE) then we can build and also bring in player transfer revenue. We have brilliant resources to be developing quality players.

1000% this. We need some front foot swagger instead being every no-fuckers favourite day out.

If this new structure starts that process (which I think it has a chance), then bring it on.

I'm going to completely flip flip on this one. I wasn't happy when it was initially suggested. However, Kristjaan Speakman gave a great first interview and I'm willing to trust his decision. Bristol City fans are a lot higher on Johnson than Sunderland fans have been. They feel he has improved them steadily whilst losing his best player every year and playing good football. He's willing to embrace the structure completely which is essential to me. Finally, his floor as a manager has been league one and he's also managed in the league we're striving to be in. His record isn't as disastrous as the outrage suggests.

Just another nothing appointment really in a similar mould to PP was.

Then again we are a 3rd Division football team so it was hardly going to be Pep Guardiola was it?

If we are going down the road of hiring a run of the mill ex Barnsley manager with a generic name and a cv that stirs absolutely no opinion either way I think I’d sooner appoint Danny Wilson

Just another nothing appointment really in a similar mould to PP was.

Then again we are a 3rd Division football team so it was hardly going to be Pep Guardiola was it?
Fuck Phil Parkinson mate. Nothing should be compared to him. Woeful manager, woeful appointment. Nothing else even comes close to it.
One side note is that he seems to only be able to sustain a run in the top 2 for 6 months, so it'd probably have been ideal for you to sign him in December :p
Streaky lee

Back