Lee Johnson

So a year isn't long enough to judge a manager?

You didn't judge Parky then?

Where did I say that? He was appointed in February, so for the remainder of that season, he had to work with what was there. Barnsley are hardly a giant and he’d obviously done enough to attract Bristol City. Given he had three months without any signings and then left the following February, I wouldn’t say he failed at all.

Only at Sunderland could we finally be rid of dreadful owners just when they were about to appoint the right management team, only to have the new owners bring in someone who is probably our worst appointment since Mick Buxton; although in fairness to Mick he had a decent track record before he came.

We aren't going to be anywhere near rid of them I'm afraid.

Some right f***ing wankers on here like 😂 kicking their toys out of the pram and saying they’re not going back coz of him getting appointed. What were they expecting? Klopp? We are in League One for the 3rd season. We can’t attract a big name.

Linked with Poyet? People moaning.
Linked with Cook? People moaning.
Linked with Cowley? People moaning.
Linked with Pearson? People moaning.

I dunno what the fuck people want. Just a moan and some drama I think.

Just seen some **** complain that we’ve gone for the cheap option 😂 because Poyet, Pearson, Cook et al aren’t all unemployed. Thick as fuck!
I would have expected someone with a better record than his which read as 19th, 15th, 15th, 11th, 18th, 17th, 11th, 8th, 12th. It is hardly inspiring.

Cowley, Cook, Pearson, Stendel - all interested. All with better records than Johnson. All with promotions in the past. Other than Sol Campbell no one else linked has such a poor record. He's never even got a team to the play offs. You normally short list and come up with a list of pre-requisites. He had none. How on earth he got an interview is beyond belief.
None of them would work with a DOF or sporting director

Some right f***ing wankers on here like 😂 kicking their toys out of the pram and saying they’re not going back coz of him getting appointed. What were they expecting? Klopp? We are in League One for the 3rd season. We can’t attract a big name.

Linked with Poyet? People moaning.
Linked with Cook? People moaning.
Linked with Cowley? People moaning.
Linked with Pearson? People moaning.

I dunno what the fuck people want. Just a moan and some drama I think.

Just seen some **** complain that we’ve gone for the cheap option 😂 because Poyet, Pearson, Cook et al aren’t all unemployed. Thick as fuck!
bit of info for you pal - thousands of people post on this message board, there are many differing opinions and viewpoints, therefore, each linked manager will have some people who are positive about the link and some who are negative especially when we are linked with a far lower standard of manager than we might have been in the past. The higher standard of manager we are linked with the less people will moan but at all times there are bound to be some dissenting voices as it would be impossible to please all of the members of this forum. Such is life.

Interesting reading the Bristol forum. They're much more fond of him than I'd been lead to believe on here.

One quote:

I never thought Johnson would take us up and I would've got rid of him a lot sooner, but reality is he improved us year on year (until last season) whilst losing his best player pretty much every season.

He's at a much bigger side if he does get the job, and if he can get it right they could do back to backs.

@LUBITSCH I see you're already on there with your pet lip over Cowley.

Back