Leaving the big light on when watching telly

I went ages without a bulb in the big light

Only replaced it really when I was crashing into the sitting room via the porch when the nights got darker

Who even sits down and watches the telly?
Dunno if it is what you are getting at, but I'm amazed the amount of people who sit in the living room and use tablets or phones.

I used to work with gadget obsessed people. "Oh you need a 40" telly, I think my eyes would bleed trying to even see anything smaller". Then two years later "I can't believe anyone can actually watch anything smaller than 46", you are better off with a book". And so on over the years. Then you talk and they say "Oh, I usually just watch on my phone then we can each watch our own thing".

I picture these odd families spread along a sofa or two, all with bent necks and headphones on, watching tiny TV on a 4-5" screen.

Dunno if it is what you are getting at, but I'm amazed the amount of people who sit in the living room and use tablets or phones.

I used to work with gadget obsessed people. "Oh you need a 40" telly, I think my eyes would bleed trying to even see anything smaller". Then two years later "I can't believe anyone can actually watch anything smaller than 46", you are better off with a book". And so on over the years. Then you talk and they say "Oh, I usually just watch on my phone then we can each watch our own thing".

I picture these odd families spread along a sofa or two, all with bent necks and headphones on, watching tiny TV on a 4-5" screen.

I was talking to a work colleague only yesterday. His wife watches the big telly and he watches his stuff on his iPad.

It would be too much noise to properly concentrate.

I was talking to a work colleague only yesterday. His wife watches the big telly and he watches his stuff on his iPad.

It would be too much noise to properly concentrate.
I can't stand watching things on my iPad, just not a comfortable experience.

Even if I'm going to be away in a hotel for a couple of days, I'll usually take my laptop and a HDMI cable if I want to stream anything. I just feel I need to be in that sofa position. I don't have a telly in the bedroom because lying down or sitting with my legs flat out in front just doesn't feel right.

Even if I'm going to be away in a hotel for a couple of days, I'll usually take my laptop and a HDMI cable if I want to stream anything. I just feel I need to be in that sofa position. I don't have a telly in the bedroom because lying down or sitting with my legs flat out in front just doesn't feel right.

I don’t mind watching on a tablet, it’s the two shows at the same time in the same room which would bother me.
I’ll kick the kids out if they start watching YouTube on their phone if we are watching something on the telly. Not that that happens very often.

I watch TV in another room where my computer, games and exercise equipment are but my Wife always has the big light on, she bought a standard reading light recently but it never gets used.

The missus can't even sit on the lav without watching something on her phone, then she will come to bed and says she can't get to sleep without something playing "as background noise" on her ipad. So I have to try and get off to kip while all I can hear is Brooklyn 999 or whatever it's called, or worse - Big f***ing Bang Theory - coming from her side of the bed.

Back