Learning to run

Status
Not open for further replies.

DubLass

Striker
Right when I go to the gym I mostly do treadmill, I want to learn how to run so Ive been walking really fast then jogging for as long as I can bare it, about 3 to 4 mins at the moment then walking again then running again but my running times get shorter :oops: - am I doing this right?

Right when I go to the gym I mostly do treadmill, I want to learn how to run so Ive been walking really fast then jogging for as long as I can bare it, about 3 to 4 mins at the moment then walking again then running again but my running times get shorter :oops: - am I doing this right?

http://www.c25k.com/

plenty more to try but this is a canny one.

We definitely need to see a video of this before we can offer useful advice.

It would be preferable if you were wearing a tight top at the time.

Just keep at it you will get better as each week passes.

Set your first goal to jog 1 mile then after that 2,3,4,5 and so on.

Start off really slow, little step and a short distance, try to get to a track and set your first target as 1k, thats only 2 and a half laps. Do this for a week, then up it to 2 k 5 laps.

Go out 3 times a week, not more, not less. Practice is important, as is rest.

Start with 2 minutes jogging, 1 minute walking, 2 minutes jogging, 1 minute walking, 2 minutes jogging

When you're comfortable doing this (by schedule after a week, but if it takes longer do it for two or three weeks) then step up to 3x3minutes, with 1 or 2 mniutes of walking in between them.

And so continue to 3x5. Then 6,7,6. Then 7,8,7. Then 10,10,4.

You'll get there. Took me a while, I also had to start at little 2 minutes runs. Now doing 10km at low pace.

Great thanks all, Ill continue to do what Im doing so it seems im on the right track, excuse the pun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back