Learning the guitar

Cheers. I was trying to get a few people together at work on a lunch time which should be fun if we can get it to come off. I work at a university and the music department is next door, so I'm trying to negotiate time in their band practice rooms.
Brilliant idea - let us know how you get on?

Roll off the bass, and start with the volume low. Treble up 5 to 7. Check ya battery. Overdrive right down on the amp, but like I say that amp ain't geared up for a clean tone.

Ya spoilt for choice with practice amps nowadays. I'd def recommend the Spark amp - and I think Amazon sell them now if you wanna use vouchers. They also sell a mini version that's rechargeable so ya don't have to faff on with plugs (a bit like the Katana you've linked).

I think there's been a lot of comparisons done between the Katana and the Spark amps - do a bit research online and see what you think is best for you. My mate bought a 100W Katana a couple of years ago - against my advice - and it's gathering dust in the garage. Far too big to be fuckin' about with in the house, but apparently it is a nice amp with plenty bells and whistles.

I was dead against modelling amps, but I like the Spark for the smart app and being able to play youtube videos through it for some play-along practice. And the number of tones on it are ridiculous. It'll comfortably take an acoustic guitar or bass guitar as well. It'll transpose videos to give you a read out of the chords whilst playing along, and you can build jam tracks. I don't bother with most of these things. I've saved meself a go to rock tone that I tweak occasionally, I search for songs on Youtube, and I play along to records. It sits nicely on me window cill, I never get the volume over 3, and I can rock out for a couple of hours with the footie on in the background. It's ideal. In fact, I think I'll get it out tonight. And when I'm done, it's small enough to be hidden away in the ottoman bed to keep her from twisting about gear lying about.
I've been humming and hawing about getting a Spark for a while now. This might have made my mind up for me. Cheers.

Back