Learning new workouts / techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't- I've done the same shit for years (squat, deadlift, ohp, pull ups and dips)
And funnily enough I'm still average at them and have very little muscle to show for it

I don't- I've done the same shit for years (squat, deadlift, ohp, pull ups and dips)
And funnily enough I'm still average at them and have very little muscle to show for it
You need to eat more and add on some more weight in small increments. Or you reached your genetic potential a while back.

Such a massive throbbing phallus ;)

In seriousness though - yes it could potentially be an age thing.

Although I do know someone who has started lifting in his fifties, who was in an awful state fitness wise, who is deadlifting over 200kg now. Goes without saying no drugs as well. It’s not impossible, just takes a few years of dedicated effort.

And I should practice what I preach in terms of dedicated effort. I go through too many phases of just going through the motions and should be a lot better than I am currently.

If I could approach every training sesh with the focus and mentality in order, I'd be much stronger than I am. But, I have this thing called a life, which means I eat shite, drink sometimes (ie. loads), and have many, many late nights- and therefore my training intensity is best described as 'variable' :lol:
Plus I'm over 40, have had several surgeries, and also factor in some minor niggling injuries- all distract me from the goal, which is GETTING MASSIVE

If I could approach every training sesh with the focus and mentality in order, I'd be much stronger than I am. But, I have this thing called a life, which means I eat shite, drink sometimes (ie. loads), and have many, many late nights- and therefore my training intensity is best described as 'variable' :lol:
Plus I'm over 40, have had several surgeries, and also factor in some minor niggling injuries- all distract me from the goal, which is GETTING MASSIVE
I wanted to put on some ‘size’ but my frame is quite slim so I started to get more muscley and fat.

I’m not far off 50 so I’m now aiming for a more holistic fitness level. I’m still doing weight training but also doing HIIT cardio and up to 3 mile runs.

Perhaps you could reevaluate your aims to maintain what you have and look at the overall picture? Healthy level of fat, strength, aerobic capacity, flexibility etc. while improving your diet if necessary.

I wanted to put on some ‘size’ but my frame is quite slim so I started to get more muscley and fat.

I’m not far off 50 so I’m now aiming for a more holistic fitness level. I’m still doing weight training but also doing HIIT cardio and up to 3 mile runs.

Perhaps you could reevaluate your aims to maintain what you have and look at the overall picture? Healthy level of fat, strength, aerobic capacity, flexibility etc. while improving your diet if necessary.

Improving drinking capacity to the point where it doesn’t affect your training is a great shout as well imo.

It's a fine balance, being able and willing enough to approach each training sesh with vigour, enthusiasm and focus
Yet to also do the same for each time out on the hoy :lol:

Improving drinking capacity to the point where it doesn’t affect your training is a great shout as well imo.
By improving, do you mean drink more or less?

It's a fine balance, being able and willing enough to approach each training sesh with vigour, enthusiasm and focus
Yet to also do the same for each time out on the hoy :lol:

By improving, do you mean drink more or less?

More. Drink shit loads of low calorie spirits to enhance your tolerance so that you can have a few pints of an evening and feel fresh as fuck the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back