League 1 transfers

Must have a crap mentality. Even when cook went in they had a decent shot of play offs and they played the likes of Rochdale and had zero shots on target :lol:
The players? Even so, Cook still underachieved with what he had there. Lambert had done better with the same squad, though granted it was his team.

The players? Even so, Cook still underachieved with what he had there. Lambert had done better with the same squad, though granted it was his team.
Aye mate. They’re a bunch of losers, have been for years. Sometimes just best for all parties to rip it up and go again

Aye mate. They’re a bunch of losers, have been for years. Sometimes just best for all parties to rip it up and go again
It may well work but I would question whether there’s better ways of doing it than making a load of saleable assets train with the u23’s, thus reducing your hand in negotiations and also only having eleven in the senior squad to start preseason.

Mind, Cook’s got form for ripping up squads, starting again and doing it well so I guess he knows what he’s doing.

I’d love for us to be in for Downes mind. He’ll be Championship bound though.

It may well work but I would question whether there’s better ways of doing it than making a load of saleable assets train with the u23’s, thus reducing your hand in negotiations and also only having eleven in the senior squad to start preseason.

Mind, Cook’s got form for ripping up squads, starting again and doing it well so I guess he knows what he’s doing.

Didn’t realise they were training with the 23s. Bold call that.

Didn’t realise they were training with the 23s. Bold call that.
He's left himself with a group of 11 starting preseason today I think. That includes the two they've brought in.

I think it's then about ten or so first team members training with the U23's. To me it just seems like it would create a bad impression and a bad atmosphere and that its cutting his nose off to spite his face but maybe there's more to it all than what we see.

I think the younger players like Lankester and Downes are weak and not what we want moving forwards. I agree, a fit Downes with better players around him would be great, but then he wanted to leave last season when Palace came sniffing.

Thinks he's too good for League One, yet there's hardly been a clamour for his services.

I think the younger players like Lankester and Downes are weak and not what we want moving forwards. I agree, a fit Downes with better players around him would be great, but then he wanted to leave last season when Palace came sniffing.

Thinks he's too good for League One, yet there's hardly been a clamour for his services.
I'm guessing he's on relatively high wages.

Lankester was bright and I think scored against us last season, I liked the look of him

He's left himself with a group of 11 starting preseason today I think. That includes the two they've brought in.

I think it's then about ten or so first team members training with the U23's. To me it just seems like it would create a bad impression and a bad atmosphere and that its cutting his nose off to spite his face but maybe there's more to it all than what we see.
We're apparently signing another six by next week. Rumoured to be new club captain Smallwood, Eyoma, Matt Crooks, Colby Bishop, Jacobs and Siegrist, a keeper from Dundee United.
Lankester was bright and I think scored against us last season, I liked the look of him
You were in for him, but then went cold and now he's close to going to Cambridge United.

We're apparently signing another six by next week. Rumoured to be new club captain Smallwood, Eyoma, Matt Crooks, Colby Bishop, Jacobs and Siegrist, a keeper from Dundee United.

You were in for him, but then went cold and now he's close to going to Cambridge United.
Lankester to Cambridge Utd has just been confirmed. Are you sure we were in for him?

Not Harper in the six or are you already counting him as signed? I'd be surprised at Eyoma, I'd have thought Spurs would want him in the Championship next season to continue his progression and I'm sure there'd be interest there for him. Not sure what he or Spurs get out of him spending another season at this level after he's proven he can hack it.

Crooks would be a good signing.

Some cracking signings in there if you pull them off.

Good player at this level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lankester to Cambridge Utd has just been confirmed. Are you sure we were in for him?

Not Harper in the six or are you already counting him as signed? I'd be surprised at Eyoma, I'd have thought Spurs would want him in the Championship next season to continue his progression and I'm sure there'd be interest there for him. Not sure what he or Spurs get out of him spending another season at this level after he's proven he can hack it.

Crooks would be a good signing.
Might be bollocks - it was reported by someone on TWTD that Sunderland and Posh were 'interested' in Lankester. The Posh rumour went out the door but yours didn't. I guess you weren't THAT interested or it was bollocks?

Harper I think is done. Eyoma has links because Bryan Klug our Academy Director had previous links with the Spurs academy. It's all hearsay though, innit? No-one actually knows apart from Cook and Ashton and Kyril and Johnson at your place.

But we needed it badly. We've been crap since relegation to this poxy league.

Oh that’s interesting. I would probably have taken that news positively - going off my only experience of his performance.

I guess he wasn’t good enough for you in the end?

Oh that’s interesting. I would probably have taken that news positively - going off my only experience of his performance.

I guess he wasn’t good enough for you in the end?
Strange one mate. He's one of our own, yet never seemed to really get a chance with us, except under Lambert and even then, only when we had injuries. He did well against you at SOL yet has been abysmal at times last season.

The move is probably for the best. Gives everyone a decent chance of learning the decks.

We're apparently signing another six by next week. Rumoured to be new club captain Smallwood, Eyoma, Matt Crooks, Colby Bishop, Jacobs and Siegrist, a keeper from Dundee United..
I saw Benjamin Siegrist in the gym last week (it’s not unusual for Dundee and Dundee United players to be spotted in our David Lloyds gym - United use it for their injured player rehab and a few players are also members - Dundee right back Cammy Kerr seems to spend most of his free time in there). If I see him again I’ll ask him - no doubt he’ll tell me to piss off though!

#HullCity have signed #ChelseaFC goalkeeper Nathan Baxter on a season long loan

Apparently we held actual talks but he/chelsea chose championship

Think it sounded like we definitely wanted him.
Yes - deal ‘hijacked’ by hull and seen as better option by both player and club.

If anyone has Twitter: @EFLZone2 is producing very accurate Reports - they bring up their initial claims when it is officially confirmed - trustworthy so far this summer.

Back