League 1 transfers

A genuine reply is this is supposed to be a better quality list of players than what's being offered around.
I know we spoke to Everton about 1 player the rest is being kept under wraps.
If we get any further down the line more than just speaking to the club I will let u know
No worries cheers,
This is the first window in a long time where we havnt had a takeover hanging over our heads just praying we get it right this time . Everything that is happening behind the scenes seems positive so here is hoping .

Ellis Simms​

Is that a guess or a fact? Would take him in a heartbeat. The EXACT forward that I would like to be our ‘other option’ next to Stewart.

Scored goals at every level he’s played - although after a quick search, the thought is that he’ll be loaned out to the c’ship next season.

Anyway, all we can do is ask!

Is that a guess or a fact? Would take him in a heartbeat. The EXACT forward that I would like to be our ‘other option’ next to Stewart.

Scored goals at every level he’s played - although after a quick search, the thought is that he’ll be loaned out to the c’ship next season.

I'm pretty certain he'll be going to the championship but exactly the sort we should be aiming for.

Back to Blackpool maybe.

I'm pretty certain he'll be going to the championship but exactly the sort we should be aiming for.
Back to Blackpool maybe.
Yes that would make sense for all parties involved.

We need to get 3/4 of the Sanderson, Simms, Ballard, Rogers, B Johnson kind of quality youth loanees in this summer as opposed to 1 quality one (Sanderson) and a random, average sick note one (Vokins)

Lincoln about to sign Lee Bonis
21yo striker from NI Prem
30 goals in 29 games so far

Looks like they’re continuing with their emphasis on youth, particularly in the attacking areas
Where did you get those goal stats from?

I only ask as when Blackpool signed Shayne Lavery I’m sure I read he was top scorer in the NI Prem and I don’t remember that lad getting a mention.

An Irish friend of mine said that he was gonna be coming to England and a quick search found he is in Lincoln for a medical, been in talks for a few weeks apparently - I’d be happy if I was them tbh
I’ve literally no idea what the quality of that league is like mind.

Appleton and whoever he has working with him have a good eye for a player though. Or good processes for identifying talent and potential.

Last edited:

Guess mate. It's what I would like to see if we have asked about a player from Everton.

-The interviews Speakman has given for SAFC.com and the comments made by Blackburn colleagues when he joined us

-All the general talk about an actual direction for our club with an emphasis on youth and data

-New owner being a multi millionaire and introducing a seemingly more structured approach to recruitment than we’ve had for a while

-The comments made by the coach

-The replies on here from more sensible, level-headed individuals who disagree with my negativity surrounding our lack of transfer movement thus far, expressing that we need to give them time to see results

-The plenty of contributors on here who provide positive points of view relating to how the staff could be well working on recruitment now/in the near future

-My complete and utter blind faith in SAFC and hope that we’ve finally made a turning point for the good, and believing everything that the club have fed me recently :)
As a bloke who is ITK, do you think Brum might know a bit more about Speakman as he worked there, and Blackburn might know a tad more about Stu H.
Just saying.
No idea why Bob comes on here with his little cryptic hints and then when someone asks him for more info he goes "am not telling you" :lol: :lol: absolute whopper.
A whopper you think , that was no cryptic hint that's just as it is.
If someone asks I would tell them, if I knew.
Its not a case of not telling you.

Last edited:
Ellis Simms didn't come to us in January because he lives in Mnachester and wanted to stay closer to home. Unfortunately that isn't going to change unless we dangle a big financial carrot. Ofcourse it is more likely to see him step up to Championship level anyway. Location has always been a stumbling block transfer wise and it's no different in L1 when you can only offer 1 or 2 year deals, whilst asking a player to move his family to the area, uprooting from schools etc. Other clubs could be more attractive even if offering 500 quid to 1 or 2 grand less, depending on what kind of wage bracket the player is in.

As a bloke who is ITK, do you think Brum might know a bit more about Speakman as he worked there, and Blackburn might know a tad more about Stu H.
Just saying.

Just saying.

"Mate I'd not tell you where a blackbirds nest was."

Your words when quoting me when I asked for further detail. Get a life bob

Just saying.
I have absolutely no idea what you mean by ‘as a bloke who is ITK’ in that sentence? Are you trying to say that I’m claiming to be ITK but that I don’t even know where we got Speakman from?

I was asked by someone, why I have faith in the new SAFC staff. I simply stated that Speakman’s glowing reviews from his ex colleagues was one reason why I had faith in him. I accidentally got Blackburn and Birmingham mixed up - so fair enough if you felt the need to correct me - but what the hell do you mean ‘as a bloke who is ITK, do you think Brum would know a bit more about Speakman’? Well yes obviously, I got the club mixed up. But I definitely wasn’t ever trying to claim ITK..

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by ‘as a bloke who is ITK’ in that sentence? Are you trying to say that I’m claiming to be ITK but that I don’t even know where we got Speakman from?

I was asked by someone, why I have faith in the new SAFC staff. I simply stated that Speakman’s glowing reviews from his ex colleagues was one reason why I had faith in him. I accidentally got Blackburn and Birmingham mixed up - so fair enough if you felt the need to correct me - but what the hell do you mean ‘as a bloke who is ITK, do you think Brum would know a bit more about Speakman’? Well yes obviously, I got the club mixed up. But I definitely wasn’t ever trying to claim ITK..
Don't step on his turf marra

Back