Lawrence to Surrey

Less money but a better batting wicket?

He’s claiming less money but other perks I bet

Aye in theory that’s why he will say he’s moving

I don’t believe who you play for matters like it does in football, if you’re good enough you will get picked

I’m such a petty and stubborn person that it’s put me off Lawrence, I’d been rooting for him to be the next man in till get a chance

To be fair, of the current squad the following internationals came through their academy

Sibley, Jacks, Pope, Jordan, Curran, Curran, Roy, Burns

And then add Patel, Smith, Dunn, Virdi, Atkinson

It’s not bad at all

Yeah of course, just feel they seem to hoard players when they don’t need it though, 10 years developing at Essex and they now get no benefit,

Yeah of course, just feel they seem to hoard players when they don’t need it though, 10 years developing at Essex and they now get no benefit,
Yeah I know. I do think it’s overplayed at times mind.

Of their England qualified players it’s only Foakes, Topley, Evans, Overton and Steel who didn’t I think.

Couple of those are white ball players only really, and we didn’t even want Steel!

Yeah I know. I do think it’s overplayed at times mind.

Of their England qualified players it’s only Foakes, Topley, Evans, Overton and Steel who didn’t I think.

Couple of those are white ball players only really, and we didn’t even want Steel!

Aye true, they are better than they were, few years back it was Scotty, Rocky, plunkett and co.

They do produce players now, albeit have access to the best public schools like. That Jamie smith looks the best uncapped talent in the country for example.

Seems like Surrey are strengthening their county side with players who are international quality whilst probably not being quite good enough to break into the England side. I know he’s in the current squad, but I don’t see him having a long run in the side.

From Lawrence’s perspective, maybe he wants to go somewhere he’s more likely to win trophies - as good as Essex have been, I get the feeling they’re on a downward trajectory.

Back