Last album you listened to from start to finish?

The Creation-Our Music Is Red With Purple Flashes. 1998. 6.5/10.
Very much of its 60s time. Weller types will love it. The guitarist turned down the chance to join The Who after Townsend saw Hendrix and realised a bit more sonic madness needed to be added. Very Who-Small Faces-Move-Kinks pop art type stuff. The highlight being Painter Man which was ruined by Boney M back in the 70s. Biff Bang Pow and Making Time are their other notables. I’ll not be listening to it again so for that reason it’s gannin.
Can't stop listening to this, which is a bit annoying as I've just bought their 4th and their 5th has just been released.

Logon or register to see this image
I’m hoping they’ve got their act together marra cos Contra is average as owt.

Last edited:
The Heads. No Talking Just Head. 1996. 7/10 atm.
The remaining heeds lost a court battle with David Byrne ower the rights to trade as without him as Talking Heads and released this. Guest vocalists on every song. Debbie Harry, Michael Hutchence, Richard Hell, Maria McKee, Shaun Ryder, Andy Partridge etc. It’s actually a lot better than it sounds or how I remembered it. I’ll keep it but it’s on a yellow card.

Chvrches-Every Open Eye. 2015. 5/10.
Characterless vocals fronting XFM-Absolute radio formulaic pop punk. I think I picked this one up at a charity church hall culture jumble sale type do in a ten for £5 type swoop. Books, dvds, records, CDs etc etc stalls only. Beardy sad single collecty types all ower……..careful now careful. Definitely gannin.
Someone gave me another album of theirs. Said I'd like it. I hated it.

Chvrches-Every Open Eye. 2015. 5/10.
Characterless vocals fronting XFM-Absolute radio formulaic pop punk. I think I picked this one up at a charity church hall culture jumble sale type do in a ten for £5 type swoop. Books, dvds, records, CDs etc etc stalls only. Beardy sad single collecty types all ower……..careful now careful. Definitely gannin.
I'm in the room...not literally as I am keeping just outside the demographic,though I sometimes look through the window and think what might have been...

Pale Saints - In Ribbons (Not as good as their debut but still a fine record)
I listened to The Comforts of Madness on CD just yesterday. An excellent album but it’s recorded at such a low level I had to wick up the volume on the amp. Next album was Tangk recorded at a much higher volume and I forgot to turn the amp down. Now I’ve got two black eyes from where the speaker comes hit me 😀

Back