Laptop mainly for playing football manager

Doesn't take much to run FM mate, you'll be able to get something at the bottom end of your budget or even less.

If you want to play other games with decent settings then the top end of your budget will starting point.

Doesn't take much to run FM mate, you'll be able to get something at the bottom end of your budget or even less.

If you want to play other games with decent settings then the top end of your budget will starting point.
Plenty good low end gaming options on Currys at the minute. I don't need a new laptop but can't help looking. :lol:

I'm totally useless with technology not sure what type of laptop to buy what I need to look out for etc
The question is will you be playing any other games? Footy Manager doesn't need high spec but it helps with the speed of the game and allows you to have more leagues running at the same time

The question is will you be playing any other games? Footy Manager doesn't need high spec but it helps with the speed of the game and allows you to have more leagues running at the same time
Not really just football manager and to use internet and maybe word sometimes might get one other game if I fancy but probably not

Not really just football manager and to use internet and maybe word sometimes might get one other game if I fancy but probably not
You'll struggle to beat the msi one listed above then, it's like a entry level gaming laptop, great for £650 mind
Can upgrade the Ram and SSD if needed

Last edited:
Ideally but I will look around I will also have a look and see if there are other games I fancy but probably won't use any or others
The only reason I ask is that you can get decent enough laptops for £5-600 just they'll have integrated graphics which is fine for footy manager but not anything else. They share your Ram also so when it says 8GB system Ram, the graphics will hog a big chunk of that

The 'gaming' laptops that are linked have a dedicated graphics albeit a relatively weak one but are still generally better. They have their own Ram so don't nneed to share any of the system ram. Hope this is making sense

Last edited:

The only reason I ask is that you can get decent enough laptops for £5-600 just they'll have integrated graphics which is fine for footy manager but not anything else. They share your Ram also so when it says 8GB system Ram, the graphics will hog a big chunk of that

The 'gaming' laptops that are linked have a dedicated graphics albeit a relatively weak one but are still generally better. They have their own Ram so don't nneed to share any of the system ram. Hope this is making sense
Not really but would you say like 8 GB ram is like minimum needed to run what about storage

Not really but would you say like 8 GB ram is like minimum needed to run what about storage
8GB is the minimum I would say
512gb storage is okay for just footy manager and your general storage like word docs and photos etc
Both can usually be upgraded which is why I'd usually buy the one with the best processor/gpu for my money

8GB is the minimum I would say
512gb storage is okay for just footy manager and your general storage like word docs and photos etc
Both can usually be upgraded which is why I'd usually buy the one with the best processor/gpu for my money
I'm clueless on processer but basically that GB and storage I can't Go wrong, btw when I get one would you fancy a game

Chops I hope for your sake you put about 2,000 hours into football manager for the amount of time you’ve spoken about buying it and shelling out on a new laptop for it :lol:

Back