Landing on the moon - live

Remember back in the summer of 1969, as a 12 year old, staying up through the night to watch Armstrong walk on the moon.

Not many times can you say with certainty you are witnessing history but that was one.

Always thought I'd be walking on the moon in a decade or so later.

Those were times when mankind was still optimistic. Not so much now.

Remember back in the summer of 1969, as a 12 year old, staying up through the night to watch Armstrong walk on the moon.

Not many times can you say with certainty you are witnessing history but that was one.

Always thought I'd be walking on the moon in a decade or so later.

Those were times when mankind was still optimistic. Not so much now.

But look on the bright side, we have the internet and can all talk shite to our hearts content

The technology they had in the 60’s must’ve been better than the shite they are using now.
Well money was no object back then, it was about winning, also it was accepted that some people might die, look at all the people who died as test pilots or in the program as a whole.

Now we dont find deaths acceptable and we wont spend the money, add to the fact we want reusable assets and are looking at machine learning to do the heavy lifting, I can see why we have issues, not to mention the fact its private companies instead of nations racing this time.

Its not the first time we have lost tech mind and have to start again.

Interesting stuff, looking forward to when we get back to the moon, be a major step towards going to mars.

Back