Lack of transfers concerning?

reckon that might have been from Bob saying agents don’t like us at moment due to his negotiating

Probably because we aren't kowtowing to them any more.
We might not need to buy someone we may have players better coming through !!! It’s not always about spending money

The people complaining about not replacing all the players who left are also the ones complaining about young players not getting a chance. They can't have it both ways.

Last edited:

The people complaining about not replacing all the players who left are also the ones complaining about young players not getting a chance. They can't have it both ways.
Exactly that’s what I’m saying you have to clear the way for young players to get in the team

I dont think they all fit in that box. Might be a fair point if we had 2 full backs mind.

Presumably you won't be wanting us to sign any full backs this season then. You can't have it both ways as you say.
Why are you writing off hawkes and insisting we sign someone instead ! Do you ever learn

I haven't even written him off. Are you ok?

Well it’s give them time to look at them and asses them it could save us a fortune

Hawkes isn’t getting start ??? the season hasn’t even started ! he’s getting linked with West Ham and Spurs etc that suggests he’s good enough for league 1
My dad nearly signed for West Brom but he didn’t. These days it would probably have at least been mentioned by football insider. “ Baggies scout £2.00 per week none league beast. Club legend states “ he could be defensive behemoth”.
Hawkes looks to have potential but those links are pure speculation.

I'm beginning to agree, unless we are happy to be a perennial feeder club and remain in league one with little or no ambition for eternity.
We'll have far less power keeping promising kids and allowing them to develop into potential big money transfers in league 1. To the point that it could become a detriment to the first team.

The getting the house in order and running ourselves self sufficiently is also extremely unlikely if we're averaging 15k which will probably happen if the stay in this league is extended much further.

We pulled a big chunk of season ticket holders back with the new owner and the hope of a better future. But I suspect patience will be in very short supply this season.

Presumably you won't be wanting us to sign any full backs this season then. You can't have it both ways as you say.

I haven't even written him off. Are you ok?

That's not what I said, There are positions where we are short on numbers, and others where there are young players with the potential to step up. It's the assumption that every player leaving needs to be replaced by one coming in which is flawed; if there's a young player who can step up that's not the case.

Back