Lack of Gratitude & Respect for PP

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's demonstrably untrue. He did brilliant jobs at Colchester, Bradford and Bolton, and was unfortunate at Charlton.
A 31% win ratio is brilliant? What do you class as unfortunate? The fact that he couldn’t win a play off semi and then going from November to January without winning a game and taking them backwards? His record at Bradford wasn’t brilliant either, with the exception of his cup run. Notice you missed out the horrendous short time at Hull. Fluffer

I genuinely think this labeling of what are likely WUMs as being sloanes, hill, Methven etc is harming the board. If people are coming on to wind people up I imagine one of the reasons they do it is for attention. If so they'll be loving having people think they're a board member, it gives them something to play up to. Do we even know if Sloanes is ridiculously positive? Don't see why anyone would think it's him other than the join date (and seemingly because Sloanes once said "fantastic" which is also a word Summerbee has used, which is flimsy at best!)
Think Sloanes is a bit happy clappy tbh. He tends to block safc fans on social if they are critical of the running of the club. That and the 'positivity' quote lent credence to the conspiracy. The OP has over-egged it now though and made it unbelievable.

That's demonstrably untrue. He did brilliant jobs at Colchester, Bradford and Bolton, and was unfortunate at Charlton.
Now let us imagine for one minute that by some miracle he actually gets us promoted by the skin of his teeth, do you honestly think he is the man to take us forward? If you do, I sincerely hope the mods see sense and give you a lifer for your own sanity!

only 3 defeats in the last 18 games, one of which was at top of the table Coventry and we're unbeaten at home since November. We've generally been in very good form since the turn of the new year and he's done very well with the shambles Ross left him, and considering players like McGeady have badly let all of us down. The signings are generally a lot better than they have been for a long time and I'll I hear online is how fans can't wait to get rid of him, we need him out immediately etc etc.

Great. Understandable. Who do people want? Kevin Phillips....no experience, might be awful. There's no argument to say he's better than PP - none at all because he hasn't managed and no one should be advocating it. He could get us relegated again.

Nigel Clough. 20 years in management and mostly in non-league. Never won promotion having managed for a full season. 0-3 PP. Boring manager, no evidence to suggest he can handle the pressure for promotion over a full season.

Nathan Jones. small time manager completely out of his depth at Stoke. Belongs at Luton.

Roy Keane? lost it years ago. 1 promotion.

I'm already on record saying I''d have him out tomorrow if we could get Warnock and I think that one is possible, but we need stability too and PP's a terrific manager at this level.

I understand why people don't do cartwheels over our manager but they never were going with L1 players. There should be more respect for coming here and rolling his sleeves up, when he could have held out for a Championship club. In any case, he's our manager so let's support him? It's no long ago the rest of the country would look on with envy with how we would treat our own, especially with DA and his wife. Now we will them on to fail.
I know they say that the game is all about opinions and while I respect yours on this one, I just cannot agree with it...

PP - Out of his depth from day one and cost us promotion with the wretched start..... His in ability to adapt his tactics cost us at least a play-off spot.

Clough, I'll agree with you on this one, don't think he has the ability to step up to the mark when it comes to a club like Sunderland (despite being born here).

Nathan Jones - nah, choked at Stoke (although not sure he was given enough time)

Roy Keane - I'd have him back in a heartbeat. Think the worst thing to happen to the club at the start of Short's reign was to get in the way of the manager. Given the ability to do it his way, don't think there would be a problem with Keane moving us on.

Warnock - I'd rather peel my skin off and bath in lemon and vinegar than have him anywhere near the club.

If I could have anyone manage use, I'd look to bring back Sam Allardyce - he made the team hard to beat and brought in some really good players. Given the opportunity to build a team and club from the ground up I think he would be fantastic for us.

I genuinely think this labeling of what are likely WUMs as being sloanes, hill, Methven etc is harming the board. If people are coming on to wind people up I imagine one of the reasons they do it is for attention. If so they'll be loving having people think they're a board member, it gives them something to play up to. Do we even know if Sloanes is ridiculously positive? Don't see why anyone would think it's him other than the join date (and seemingly because Sloanes once said "fantastic" which is also a word Summerbee has used, which is flimsy at best!)

Sloanes came out immediately when he was appointed and vowed to bring 'positivity, positivity, positivity'.

Sloanes uses the adjective fabulous not fantastic, but since it was highlighted yesterday that poster is now saying fantastic.

Fabulous isn't a word that is often used by a bloke so stands out particulary when it's used so often by this poster.

He was nowhere to be seen in here day of the boardroom meeting and RAWA meeting.

Has only posted with any sort of frequency after Jan window when people were kicking off, and immediately after the season ticket fiasco yet didn't post on the ST thread. A WUM would have been all owa that.

Set up an account two days after he was appointed.

Every times he's asked about it he avoids it and logs out.

A lot of coincidences there.

Edit: Me dad says fabulous all the time but in a sarcastic manner.

Ie. We got beat off Bristol Rovers today "Fabulous"

We've just appointed Parkinson "fabulous"

Last edited:
I know they say that the game is all about opinions and while I respect yours on this one, I just cannot agree with it...

PP - Out of his depth from day one and cost us promotion with the wretched start..... His in ability to adapt his tactics cost us at least a play-off spot.

Clough, I'll agree with you on this one, don't think he has the ability to step up to the mark when it comes to a club like Sunderland (despite being born here).

Nathan Jones - nah, choked at Stoke (although not sure he was given enough time)

Roy Keane - I'd have him back in a heartbeat. Think the worst thing to happen to the club at the start of Short's reign was to get in the way of the manager. Given the ability to do it his way, don't think there would be a problem with Keane moving us on.

Warnock - I'd rather peel my skin off and bath in lemon and vinegar than have him anywhere near the club.

If I could have anyone manage use, I'd look to bring back Sam Allardyce - he made the team hard to beat and brought in some really good players. Given the opportunity to build a team and club from the ground up I think he would be fantastic for us.
Absolutely no chance in hell

Still don't understand why we're meant to be giving him gratitude like! I get that some will want him to stay, but the idea that we should actually be thanking him for taking us a couple of places lower than when he came in, barely mustering a shot away from home and ultimately failing in his remit to get us promoted is somewhat baffling
Baffling and laughable.

I'm not a massive fan of him but I think the jobs he's done before suggest he's no mug and if he was given the opportunity to bring in his own players I'd back him to build a strong functional team at this level. I hope he gets more of an input into the summer recruitment than clowns like hill and coton.

The main problem are the chancers that own us and have ripped the club off.

I'm not a massive fan of him but I think the jobs he's done before suggest he's no mug and if he was given the opportunity to bring in his own players I'd back him to build a strong functional team at this level. I hope he gets more of an input into the summer recruitment than clowns like hill and coton.

The main problem are the chancers that own us and have ripped the club off.
The job he has done is to make us worse

Its the norm that you get a bounce with a new manager, its why you change managers. Parkinson didnt have that bounce and we ended up worse than when he came. Any thoughts on why he failed to get a bounce from ' the highest paid squad in the league'?

He joined us with a poor career win record of 36% This was the poorest of all those linked. He's had 30 games with us and has a win record of ......36 %. Any reason why you are confident he'll buck this very poor trend?

Exactly this. It was clear as day the whole place needed a lift. Something to get the fans back on side and behind the team.

Alas, that won’t work it the current climate, so it matters not, as we’re never going anywhere under these lot anyway.

In support of the argument is Colchester, Bradford and Bolton and Charlton thrown in as unlucky.
My grandchildren watch CBBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back