L1 restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you vote for the season to end, that's fine, but promotion should not be available for that team. Makes no sense otherwise, why would they vote to keep playing if they are due to be promoted for current positions?!!

Coventry best team in the league by a country mile, deserve automatic promotion to be fair.

Agree with the second part of your statement. They have shown more consistency but solid and functional is fair assessment. If you stay up next year I would be surprised but good luck all the same.

Imagine the uproar if say one of the big clubs lost out on a CL place like this.
Are we going to just take it up the arse?
:evil:

Why? If we'd over-achieved as much as they have we'd be looking at successive promotions. I don't dislike a club that can do better than us on a fraction of the budget. If anything it shows how bad we've been run.

Because they’ve voted to end the season but yet are happy to take their place in the play offs . My post has nothing to do with how they’ve done this season.

Last edited:
It will be cancelled and funny enough, the EFL have only tested 4 teams for COVID 19 in league 1. I wonder who that could be....

Shambles.

This all over, the EFL are taking everyone for mugs, they have only tested the 4 play off teams...whats the point of the vote!

Judging by the season ticket cancellations most of our fans will be boycotting the next season anyway. Fuck the EFL and their amateur as fuck dealing of things

They should make it public who voted for what. Our away support should boycott clubs that voted to cancel the season. We are a massive pay day for them which may have influenced their decision.
I would tend to agree on the whole, you cant blame mid table teams for sacking the remaining games off. Nothing to really play for in an empty stadium will cost them a small fortune. It's a f***ing long drawn out stitch up of a mess by the EFL , they should make it public who voted for what, then we can make our own minds up....its cost me over £600 In ante post bets so I'm livid....

Judging by the season ticket cancellations most of our fans will be boycotting the next season anyway. Fuck the EFL and their amateur as fuck dealing of things

The fans are hardly boycotting as such, it's just that there is zero incentive to buy one, and better off waiting until you're allowed back in. Once the stadium reopens, loads will then renew

If you vote for the season to end, that's fine, but promotion should not be available for that team. Makes no sense otherwise, why would they vote to keep playing if they are due to be promoted for current positions?!!
Exactly. If you vote to stop playing football this season then how can they justify taking part in the play offs.

I honestly can't get my head around this "Turkeys voting against Christmas" situation. In what possible context could it be construed as being a fair process ffs ?

how about just play the f***ing season and let us go to the games......there was more people protesting in groups around the country than our average home gate...just allow SC holders in and have them sat 1 or two seats apart

SIMPLES plus its outdoors

I think “we can’t continue the season in these circumstances” is a perfectly acceptable stance to have, if that’s any clubs view.

What shouldn’t be acceptable is:
1) “we can’t continue the season in these circumstances, unless it’s the play-offs then of course we’re willing to play”

Or 2) “we can’t continue the season in these circumstances, but we’d be happy to start next season in basically the same circumstances and it just so happens we’d be in the league above for that”

But I don’t know how to deal with that. I saw someone on here suggest that it could be that those teams not willing to play are excluded from play-offs, which seems to make sense, but of course that’s clouded by the fact that it would likely mean we were in with a chance of the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back