Kubix Festival returns for 2022

Great day yesterday, shame I missed glasvegas like. Card machines at bar went down at one point, luckily there was a clever lass there who took a fiver cash in hand for a neckoil. Roll on next year.
Supergrass or Manics would be great shouts for headliners.

I saw him at Northern Kin a couple of months ago doing pretty much the same set but he seemed to be enjoying himself much more yesterday (despite his claim that the whole band had covid) and that made it a lot more entertaining. May have just been being outside in the sunshine rather than in a gloomy tent but his interaction with the crowd made a big difference.

Before NK the last time I saw him was headlining the Pyramid Stage at Glastonbury and I was wondering what had happened to Fruitbat. Just looked it up and his wiki page says he's a member of Ferocious Dog - anyone know if he was in the lineup yesterday? I don't think I'd have recognised him without the old hairdo.
Fruitbat sings on one of their songs but left recently. He often supports with his own band Abdoujaparov

I went when the stranglers headlined a couple years back and it’s a canny little festival for what it is. I would curate next years line up if they asked like, think I’d double ticket sales from what I’d put together.

I’d go in a slightly different direction like, this years line up was like summit Steve McDonald from Corrie would be into.

Supergrass I imagine would be too expensive unless they've dropped their price recently. I enquired about Gaz Coombes before for a solo gig and it was a lot.

Manics, Ocean Colour Scene, James, Charlatans, Maximo Park, The Damned are all good shouts. Maybes The Specials or Madness but both might be a bit big for it.

Lindisfarne would be a good shout to play as they do well in the NE. On the same level of they could get Toy Dolls would go down amazingly.

Hopefully third time lucky for Happy Mondays.

Then there's endless bands that could be booked for the rest of the day - Space, The Coral, Bluetones, UK Subs, Gun, Bad Manners, Dodgy, KT Tunstall, Alabama 3, Angelic Upstarts, The Beat, The Ruts, Tenpole Tudor, The Subways, etc there's loads

Dreadzone again would be ace also.

I went when the stranglers headlined a couple years back and it’s a canny little festival for what it is. I would curate next years line up if they asked like, think I’d double ticket sales from what I’d put together.

I’d go in a slightly different direction like, this years line up was like summit Steve McDonald from Corrie would be into.
Trying to be different and going too much off the beat and track would backfire bigtime ,yes have a couple on fri/ sat but to flood a festival like that would flop big time.

Back