KP: Story of a Genius

brandon

Striker
Deserves its own thread IMO.

Easily the most polarising figure in English cricket of the modern era, he’s had his flaws no doubt, but I prefer to remember him for his performances and in my view, there is no doubt that without him - we wouldn’t have won in 2005, wouldn’t have won down under in 2010/11 and wouldn’t have beaten India in India in 2012. Which in my view, are the biggest England wins in my lifetime.

Kevin Pieterson - cricketing genius.

Couldn't care less about the man, I'm only interested in the player, and as a player he was an absolute game changer. His innings in Colombo was superb, and showed he can stick in when needed as well as play the shots. The fact he was so good is why he got OTT criticism when he got out.

Couldn't care less about the man, I'm only interested in the player, and as a player he was an absolute game changer. His innings in Colombo was superb, and showed he can stick in when needed as well as play the shots. The fact he was so good is why he got OTT criticism when he got out.
That day at CLS when he introduced the switch hit v NZ in The Odi.

Styris walked up to the boundary where we were sat and said, “there’s nothing you can do about that.”

Top player of course. Complete tit of course

His record is good but not amongst the best. Sachin, Lara, Sanga, Smith, Kohli and even Root have better records

None could change a game like he could though, such was his ability to get runs quickly and completely switch momentum.

Sangakkara is probably my favourite ever batsman mind.
An incredible batsman, his weakness against crappy left arm spinners always puzzled me.
The text gate thing was a disgrace really and I agree with Vaughan he should have been finished then.
His tv commentary is excruciating
Fabulous batsman though.

On the flip side, the way he completely dominated Warne was unreal. Got to the point Warne was bowling down the leg side every ball and even threw the ball at him such was his frustration.

Last edited:
An incredible batsman, his weakness against crappy left arm spinners always puzzled me.
The text gate thing was a disgrace really and I agree with Vaughan he should have been finished then.
His tv commentary is excruciating
Fabulous batsman though.
And he’s a Rhino botherer now

Seriously, good to see he’s putting something back and raising funds in his home province.

For me, KP was the best, what a talent. Absolute treat to watch. Seen some incredible innings from him live down the years.

What let him down was the moment he opened his Gob.

Have watched all of the Pietersen Story now and my opinion has been reaffirmed, what an arrogant prick he is/was, great cricketer, horrible man, oh and while I’m at it his pal Piers Morgan we’ll common decency prevents me from putting into type what I think of him.
I started a thread on a different page about how much of a throbber Piers Morgan is.

Great series and brought back some great memories. Can't help but think that tw@t Pier's helped to end his career. Once you're involved with ***** like him, people are going to turn quickly.

wouldn’t have won down under in 2010/11
err....what?
Top player of course. Complete tit of course

His record is good but not amongst the best. Sachin, Lara, Sanga, Smith, Kohli and even Root have better records
There was a great quote in the first episode from Darren Gough - "He's the only man I know who fell in love with himself at 16. But to be fair, he's stayed faithful ever since"

And that's coming from his best mate 😂😂

Last edited:
A very good batsman and just as bigger idiot. For the first time ever I agree with Vaughan he should never have played for England again.

Back