Knee surgery

Snapped my acl 3 years ago and had successful surgery even got back to making a cameo for the over 40s. ( didn't last long , got snapped in half in about me 4th game) Hence why I'm posting this. Had me second surgical procedure last Thursday HTO as I've got minimal cartilage left in same knee, and it was off straight so needed re alignment. I now have a metal plate in my leg and 6 screws, it was only done a week ago today but the pain is unbelievable. Anyone else had similar? Or can offer any advice as to when it will subside a bit ?

Cheers

Snapped my acl 3 years ago and had successful surgery even got back to making a cameo for the over 40s. ( didn't last long , got snapped in half in about me 4th game) Hence why I'm posting this. Had me second surgical procedure last Thursday HTO as I've got minimal cartilage left in same knee, and it was off straight so needed re alignment. I now have a metal plate in my leg and 6 screws, it was only done a week ago today but the pain is unbelievable. Anyone else had similar? Or can offer any advice as to when it will subside a bit ?

Cheers
Lucky bastard. But does all that jiggling about not agitate your knee.

More than i've had this millenium.

Cheers
aye

snapped my acl years ago and maybe a similar op to yours since? what exactly was it? high tibial osteotomy? rest, pain killers and any exercises you're given to do - do them. even if they have you in tears

aye

snapped my acl years ago and maybe a similar op to yours since? what exactly was it? high tibial osteotomy? rest, pain killers and any exercises you're given to do - do them. even if they have you in tears
Aye mate exactly the same. When I first had my acl done it was a walk in the park compared to this .
I went to the doctor's yesterday and told him "It hurts whenever I touch my knee"

The doctor said, "You've broken your hand."
🤣🤣 thanks for that.

Cheers
I did my ACL and pcl and about 14 years ago and I still have problems due to it till this day. First operation it took about 9 months to heal then I did my ACL again and the second operation it was about 18 months till I was back doing any real types of sport. For the pain I took tramadol

I did my ACL and pcl and about 14 years ago and I still have problems due to it till this day. First operation it took about 9 months to heal then I did my ACL again and the second operation it was about 18 months till I was back doing any real types of sport. For the pain I took tramadol
Only good thing to happen is I can't go to the match 🤣🤣

Cheers
Yes, I had a paper cut once, the pain was unbelievable too, so I can well sympathize with you.

Cheers
My mate had this done in Dec n said if he’d realised what the pain was like in the first week he possibly wouldn’t have had it done. Spoke to him this morning n he’s getting about with the aid of sticks n on the mend so hopefully same for ya 🤞🏼

Not an ACL, but I had a knee replacement in 2011 and the first two weeks were f@cking horrendous pain-wise - not helped by the fact that the codeine tablets they gave me made me feel sick so I was on Paracetamol only, and that the District Nurse took my sticks away after the first week.

After those two weeks though, it just got better and better, and doing the exercises got easier and easier.

Just got to stick with it - as already mentioned, do the exercises no matter what - and it will eventually sort itself out.

Not an ACL, but I had a knee replacement in 2011 and the first two weeks were f@cking horrendous pain-wise - not helped by the fact that the codeine tablets they gave me made me feel sick so I was on Paracetamol only, and that the District Nurse took my sticks away after the first week.

After those two weeks though, it just got better and better, and doing the exercises got easier and easier.

Just got to stick with it - as already mentioned, do the exercises no matter what - and it will eventually sort itself out.
Cheers mate 👍
Surely the oramorph is helping ?
I'm on the codine during the day mate and just have a bit oramorph before bed. It's been a bit better today.

Is the oramorph knocking you out cold after taking it ?
My missus had an op about 11 months back, she packed the codeine in as it was doing its usual trick of bunging up.
So she just stuck to the oramorph, she was taking it a fair few times per day for about 2 weeks, she was literally sleeping 20 hours a day when she was on the stuff 🤣

Is the oramorph knocking you out cold after taking it ?
My missus had an op about 11 months back, she packed the codeine in as it was doing its usual trick of bunging up.
So she just stuck to the oramorph, she was taking it a fair few times per day for about 2 weeks, she was literally sleeping 20 hours a day when she was on the stuff 🤣
Had the same problem mate. Took me 3 days after ths op to have a pappashango and when I did it absolutely nacked 🤣. I normally just have it before bed and it knocks me out. Cos the last time I had it when I done me acl I was like your lass so stopped taking it. I'll only have it before bed if its properly killing .

I've not had owt as bad as that, but I have had torn meniscus in both knees, and operated on both about 18 months apart. The cartilage couldn't be trimmed, so it was removed, so both knees are bone to bone.

it was painful straight after the ops. I was told to build up the muscles above the knee.

That was about 5 year ago. I'm still playing football twice a week aged 57

I've not had owt as bad as that, but I have had torn meniscus in both knees, and operated on both about 18 months apart. The cartilage couldn't be trimmed, so it was removed, so both knees are bone to bone.

it was painful straight after the ops. I was told to build up the muscles above the knee.

That was about 5 year ago. I'm still playing football twice a week aged 57
Class mate 57 and still playing is some achievement. I'm 41 and I'm gutted I can't play anymore as I've always played. It's kept me fit during the week playing 5s and 7s and I've played a canny standard on Saturday afternoons when I was younger. Miss the craic more than anything else. The over 40s was ideal play sat morning pint after then off to the match. Didn't last long like 😭😅

Back