Knackered MacBook Pro touchpad

xmfd

Winger
Cracked the 'glass' on the touchpad about a year ago but it still worked fine, until I went away for a few weeks and came home and now the pointer's dodgy and moving about everywhere, basically needs replacing I think.

Debating just getting a new one as it's about 7/8 years old now, but still works perfectly apart from this which is irritating. How easy (or expensive) are they to replace?

Cracked the 'glass' on the touchpad about a year ago but it still worked fine, until I went away for a few weeks and came home and now the pointer's dodgy and moving about everywhere, basically needs replacing I think.

Debating just getting a new one as it's about 7/8 years old now, but still works perfectly apart from this which is irritating. How easy (or expensive) are they to replace?

Try iFixit Europe, anything they don't know about Mac repairs/replacements is probably not worth knowing frankly. They have excellent instruction videos too.

Try iFixit Europe, anything they don't know about Mac repairs/replacements is probably not worth knowing frankly. They have excellent instruction videos too.
They don’t have replacing screens on that site, my air had a weight dropped on it by the boy and Apple quoted the thick end of £500

What's that got to do with the touchpad?
You said “anything they don’t know about Mac repairs/ replacements is probably not worth knowing to be frank”. I’d consider replacing screens a pretty important requirement of Mac repairs, therefore I deduced that ifixit are f***ing shite

Back