Kimpioka

TopCat

Striker
Is that him done as a Sunderland player? Barely mentioned these days, nowhere near the first team squad. Released at the end of the season?

Safe to say his time at Sunderland is over. Not that he really did anything special. If he was good enough he'd be playing for us now imo.

Bit of an odd one like. Ross wasn't playing him but Parkinson gave him a chance and it seemed like PP simply didn't go along with the whole "sign a contract or you won't play" thing. At the time I think Kimpioka was a rare positive in that everyone was willing him to succeed and it gave people a bit of a lift when he came on. Then he actually made a vital contribution and I thought he'd stay regularly involved but suddenly he just disappeared. Has he ever played again after the goal or was that his last appearance? Not sure if he's had injuries or anything but he isn't even in the u23s side with any regularity

Bit of an odd one like. Ross wasn't playing him but Parkinson gave him a chance and it seemed like PP simply didn't go along with the whole "sign a contract or you won't play" thing. At the time I think Kimpioka was a rare positive in that everyone was willing him to succeed and it gave people a bit of a lift when he came on. Then he actually made a vital contribution and I thought he'd stay regularly involved but suddenly he just disappeared. Has he ever played again after the goal or was that his last appearance? Not sure if he's had injuries or anything but he isn't even in the u23s side with any regularity
its puzzled me as well he seemed to have pace and energy and i thought that was what PP was about

Behind Semenyo in the pecking order, don't know how he's been getting on for the youths but he hasn't been able to have much positive impact in the first team since we played the mag kids in the checkatrade. Be nice to see him do well but I'm not particularly hopeful.

I've seen nothing to suggest he has a future in the game at our level or above
Wouldn't argue with that appraisal tbh, he has pace and an unorthodox element of surprise about him but how does that work in a structured system that PP has in place? Both he and Ross have assessed him and not trusted him and his stats don't jar with their opinion, he's pretty gash basically....

Where does he think hes gunna get a move to? It certainly wont be a better club than us
Where does he think hes gunna get a move to? It certainly wont be a better club than us

I've seen nothing to suggest he has a future in the game at our level or above
Unfortunately another player having his head turned by his agent who I am sure has the players best interests at heart as is always the case - utter bot rot . I am sure the agent will find the best deal for him not the player , when will players particularly up and coming ones wake up and smell the coffee , sometimes they should talk to more experienced fellow players and seek their advice . If in doubt ask their parents who ultimately will want the best for their child rather than agents who in the main are unscrupulous charlatans .

Back