Kids. Xboxes. Screen Time

He is your son. You do what you think is best.

For a soppy get that is top advice.
:lol:
Being a bit strict is what kids need from parents, I was brought up strictly, done me no harm. I had to learn that the world did not revolve around me and strops are pointless, there are other ways to react, like accept the decision with just a pet lip, know who is the boss and decision maker of the house and just wish you were older to get the perks of grown up life.

Last edited:
Yup.

She now pays for ridiculously fast Internet connection despite only watching a bit Netflix on occasion. :rolleyes:
Orh aye I'm sure. Just a bit Netflix ;)
She never expected board, I think I did alright financially. :lol:
Orh I had to pay board, I had to pay for f***ing everything.

My family were brass, always, I took a year out after college to earn a full time wage and upgrade my life a bit.

Last edited:
:lol:
Being a bit strict is what kids need from parents, I was brought up strictly, done me no harm. I had to learn that the world did not revolve around me and strops are pointless, there are other ways to react, like accept the decision with just a pet lip, know who is the boss and decision maker of the house and just wish you were older to get the perks of grown up life.
No idea why this is such a puzzle for some people.

No idea why this is such a puzzle for some people.
Being soft or 'too nice' to your kids does not get respected by them, they are too immature to value kindness and parent and child agreements. In the long run it only makes them become manipulative little stroppy shits, that only kick off more when the foot is put down on something, when they overstep the mark.
A parent should be a parent first, then a friend, not a friend first, then a parent.

Back