Kevin Pietersen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a better player to watch in world cricket when he's on top form? 103 off 63 balls on Thursday, simply majestic. A joy to watch.

a proper joy to watch . . . . still get goosebumps thinking of him debuting the switch hits against Scotty Styris at Durham in 07!

He was only playing pretend cricket though.

He does play some great innings but not enough for me, he could have been one of, if not the best, if he had some consistency

No doubt someone will pull his stats now and prove I know bugger all

Virender sehwag, yuvraj singh, chris gayle, shahid afridi,dilshan, all as good if not better. Kp is still class like

Virender sehwag, yuvraj singh, chris gayle, shahid afridi,dilshan, all as good if not better. Kp is still class like

Tendulkar, he times every shot when he's in good nick, just caresses the ball around, makes it look so easy.

I prefer watching Pietersen to Gayle because he uses his feet and plays graceful, delicate shots. Gayle just hits through the line. Good to watch with his powerful stroke play when in form but he just doesn't make it look as easy as the likes of Pietersen and Tendulkar.

Actually, you can add Jayawardene to that list.

And I like the look of Kohli over the last year.

Tendulkar, he times every shot when he's in good nick, just caresses the ball around, makes it look so easy.

I prefer watching Pietersen to Gayle because he uses his feet and plays graceful, delicate shots. Gayle just hits through the line. Good to watch with his powerful stroke play when in form but he just doesn't make it look as easy as the likes of Pietersen and Tendulkar.

Actually, you can add Jayawardene to that list.

And I like the look of Kohli over the last year.

Kohli has turned into a great player, suresh raina is a quality t20/odi batsman aswell. Tendulkar, sangakarra and hayawardene are the best batsmen in the world at test level imo, add dravid until he retired

Pietersen is the best to watch by a mile he is the complete package and can hit it anywhere. Did anyone see him switch hit today it was an amazing shot

Pietersen is the best to watch by a mile he is the complete package and can hit it anywhere. Did anyone see him switch hit today it was an amazing shot

I think that's the difference between him and most other big hitters. He can clear the boundary more or less anywhere in the ground off any kind of bowler.

IPL really good so far, just a shame when the likes of Nash (Kent), Gayle and Bravo are elsewhere when WI could do with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back