Kevin Ball

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date

Thought he should have been given a go the last time, although obviously it worked out well with Poyet keeping us up and getting to the cup final. Small sample of games obviously, but we played well in his two games against Liverpool and Man United and just ran out of steam when we'd looked ridiculously unfit before that under Di Canio. By all accounts the U23s played decent, attacking football under him and he's spoken quite a few times about replicating the way Spurs play under Pochettino so I don't think he's the dinosaur some make out. But he's mid 50s now and hasn't coached for 5 years (apparently Poyet/the club's decision not his?), the ship has sailed.

I was listening to the podcast with Lee Clark and both he and the interviewer seemed to be of the opinion that Kevin Ball has been a bit hard done by when he was caretaker manager of Sunderland.

I'm not saying when but would anybody welcome Bally back as full time manager one day?

Personally I couldn't think of anyone else I'd love to succeed as Safc manager. The guy is Mr Sunderland and if he was given a long contract ( not just a short time frame ) I believe he would be great. I remember Jordan Henderson speaking lots of positives about Bally when he coached him

Would do other fans think ...would they welcome the appointment if it happened one day or do they believe Bally's chance has been and gone??
Oh no not this old chestnut AGAIN

Back