kettlebells

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone used these before? Mate gave me a 4kg one he doesn't use and i've got a copy of "kettlercise". They any good? I cycle so just want something to supplement that.

Great training method but 4kg might be a bit light there are plenty of websites showing you how to use them

oROSSo will be here in a minute. He loves kettles. He's hoying a 32 kilo :eek: one about the daft bugger

give the 4kg to your daughter or something!

They say an average sized man should start around 16kg

I've got a 16, 20, 24, 32 and 40.

Mainly used as conditioning but very versatile

If you ask me they are a fad and it's only a matter of time that someone realises they knack your joints up by over stretching tendons (tennis elbow anyone?)

Like most things sensible weights and reps will do exactly what you are looking for

Strengthen core = squats
Keep body fat down = run or cross train

Telt yeah ;)

FFS
Ross

Last edited by a moderator:
If you ask me they are a fad and it's only a matter of time that someone realises they knack your joints up by over stretching tendons (tennis elbow anyone?)

Like most things sensible weights and reps will do exactly what you are looking for

Strengthen core = squats
Keep body fat down = run or cross train

Telt yeah ;)

FFS
Ross
they've been used since the 1700's apparently, hardly a fad.

Use correct technique and I've experienced no injuries due to them.

they've been used since the 1700's apparently, hardly a fad.

Use correct technique and I've experienced no injuries due to them.

If I tried to swing the 32 around I'd end up flying out the window.

If I tried to swing the 32 around I'd end up flying out the window.

:lol:

As for OP i've been going twice a week for 6 months or so i'm wasting away :lol:. I wasn't fat or nowt previously but the kettlebells just burn all the excess off. Shoulders and thighs are much bigger and my chest/abs are pretty well ripped.

oROSSo said:

Probably why my mate just gave it away lol. Think he got it free or something. I might invest in heavier ones then.

ravydavygravy said:

As for OP i've been going twice a week for 6 months or so i'm wasting away :lol:. I wasn't fat or nowt previously but the kettlebells just burn all the excess off. Shoulders and thighs are much bigger and my chest/abs are pretty well ripped.

How long do you normally do? I was thinking of doing 20-30 min sessions 3 times a week.

ravydavygravy said:

How long do you normally do? I was thinking of doing 20-30 min sessions 3 times a week.

Twice a week, 60 mins at a time (in a class). Supposed to burn 1200 calories in the hour.

I couldn't do it on me todd mind. Much easier/better in a class but it is pretty nails. I'm hooped after 5 minutes :lol:
what weight you using to go for an hour?

what is the usual schedule of a class? Must be a killer for an hour.

Aye it's hard like. I went blind last week :lol:

It's sort of like this:

One session - 45 mins swings, 5 minute sets (alternating exercises with a working rest) followed by 1 minute rest.

15 mins - Stomach with/without kettlebell

Next Session - As above but the swinging bit is now 50% cardio (squat-thrusts/punching/running/jumps etc)

oROSSo or anyone else, what's a decent kettlebell workout I can do a couple times a week, for about 40-60 mins? down from 19st 4 to 17st since February but want to keep it going, cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back