Kendal Calling 2024

Have I woken up in 2004?
I’ve said it before but most festivals are now the domain of the middle aged middle class. Young people cant afford them. KC is costing me nearly £300 and you can double that with beer and food. And those people would rather watch bands they can sing along to than new music.

I’ve said it before but most festivals are now the domain of the middle aged middle class. Young people cant afford them. KC is costing me nearly £300 and you can double that with beer and food. And those people would rather watch bands they can sing along to than new music.

Green Man and End of the Road suggest otherwise, not so much with regard to age (although Green Man has a subplot as Reading for Welsh kids) but in terms of our age demographic not being interested in new music.

Green Man and End of the Road suggest otherwise, not so much with regard to age (although Green Man has a subplot as Reading for Welsh kids) but in terms of our age demographic not being interested in new music.
Ah yeah there are still dozens of more niche ones, but KC has definitely moved more retro recently.

See that leak was reet.
It was canny obvious the way that they were frantically taking posts down with it on. Someone at the designers has been naughty.
I’d have preferred something more dancy on the Thursday and putting the elusive Heaton on then is really going to piss the Friday arrivers off. But reasonably happy with that, as long as the streets don’t cancel for the 3rd time. Could have done with something with more oomph than Nutini so hopefully GLC will be on the same time as him so we can watch them instead.

Last edited:
It was canny obvious the way that they were frantically taking posts down with it on. Someone at the designers has been naughty.
I’d have preferred something more dancy on the Thursday and putting the elusive Heaton on then is really going to piss the Friday arrivers off. But reasonably happy with that, as long as the streets don’t cancel for the 3rd time. Could have done with something with more oomph than Nutini so hopefully GLC will be on the same time as him so we can watch them instead.
Always a good weekend no matter who is on

I'll be getting rid of my tickets. Gutted like, first time the missus and me were going to have the full weekend from Thursday and no kids with us but there's not enough there to warrant the outlay now

Back