Kate Tempest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Read that today.

Regardless of how she identifies, her musics terrible. I saw a bit of her at a festival last year and it was actually annoying me how much I disliked it. Left after about 10 minutes.

best of luck to her and hope this announcement by her makes her happy.

Read that today.

Regardless of how she identifies, her musics terrible. I saw a bit of her at a festival last year and it was actually annoying me how much I disliked it. Left after about 10 minutes.

I thought her first 2 albums were decent but her latest was poor imo (which was surprising as it was produced by Rick Rubin)

Read that today.

Saw her at a festival aswell.

It was early in the day when everyone's just lying about in the sun, couldn't give a fuck who's on stage just enjoying the vibes.

And she came on bless her, the music started.... and then she cracks out this rap poetry shite. It was f***ing awful.

And loads got up and walked off :lol: I felt genuinely sorry for her

I just cannot get away with that shouty spoken word stuff mate.
She started off doing normal sample laden hip hop but has sort of evolved into a more politicised spoken word sound. If you're arsed, check out her Glastonbury set from 2017 which was just after Grenfell, she starts off with a really emotional speach about the it (and the state of the country). It was quite stirring tbh

I've no idea who she or he or it or whatever is
Me neither, could have been the latest storm called "Kate" for all I know!
It's nice that she's got her own thread, never going to get on the other threads about cleavage of the day, nice bums, birds u want to shag, quality older women etc🤣

Whilst I can recognise how talented she is her music is properly depressing and she comes across as a rather troubled/conflicted/sad young lass. If this change helps her then fair play.
Just chill out a bit and have a tab and a pint and stop watching the news would be my remedy but there you go.

Saw her at a festival aswell.

It was early in the day when everyone's just lying about in the sun, couldn't give a fuck who's on stage just enjoying the vibes.

And she came on bless her, the music started.... and then she cracks out this rap poetry shite. It was f***ing awful.

And loads got up and walked off :lol: I felt genuinely sorry for her

exactly same here. Lovely day in London and it was GBH of my lugholes. Put as much distance between me and her microphone as I could.
She started off doing normal sample laden hip hop but has sort of evolved into a more politicised spoken word sound. If you're arsed, check out her Glastonbury set from 2017 which was just after Grenfell, she starts off with a really emotional speach about the it (and the state of the country). It was quite stirring tbh

will do mate.

Think it’s about time we began a study to work out why kids are increasingly wanting to disassociate themselves with their identity and lives they’ve built for themselves. What is to be so ashamed of that she can’t even face being called by her own name that her parents gave her?

Think it’s about time we began a study to work out why kids are increasingly wanting to disassociate themselves with their identity and lives they’ve built for themselves. What is to be so ashamed of that she can’t even face being called by her own name that her parents gave her?
Aye, that and wanting to have a big old swinging mickey between her legs.

Not sure why people insist on putting themselves in boxes (he/him/them) instead of just getting on with enjoying life. It's attention seeking at its best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back