Kale Crisps... anyone made these?

CatRyan

Striker
I love Kale and keep hearing about these kale crisps you can make... not convinced so wondered if any of you lot had made some and could advise...

Toying with getting an air fryer for making ribs and crackling and kale crisps potentially.

I love Kale and keep hearing about these kale crisps you can make... not convinced so wondered if any of you lot had made some and could advise...

Toying with getting an air fryer for making ribs and crackling and kale crisps potentially.
They don't sound very moreish my love, but good luck 😘

Please report back on said crisps, describing the taste and marks out of ten 😎👍
A healthy snack in the tolerable category. Helps to cover in oil and salt but then that kind of defeats the purpose.
Ah I can imagine that will improve them, they'll need summat tbf.

theres got to be a good way of serving Kale/cavallo nero maybe this is it
I love Cavolo Nero.... eat whole bags of it at a sitting, best place for it in general is Sainsbury unless you have a good fruit and veg shop obvs...

shred it up keeping the biggest fat stalks for stock or pets or whatever, then put it in a pan of cold water and bring to the boil for no more than a couple of minutes, then douse in olive oil and lemon juice with a sprinkling of chilli... absolutely delicious
Bit like crispy seaweed? (or crispy lettuce as it really is)
I love proper actual crispy seaweed from Japan, the wasabi stuff is boss

I love Cavolo Nero.... eat whole bags of it at a sitting, best place for it in general is Sainsbury unless you have a good fruit and veg shop obvs...

shred it up keeping the biggest fat stalks for stock or pets or whatever, then put it in a pan of cold water and bring to the boil for no more than a couple of minutes, then douse in olive oil and lemon juice with a sprinkling of chilli... absolutely delicious
requires way too much mastication

if you use the good stuff and leave out the fat stalks at the base it really doesn't, well not for me and all the niblings, they love it too... use it in colcannon 🤤

How wonderfully random, we talked about Colcannon in Parsnip only few days back. As well as a few other Irish dishes. They sounded so tasty.

Hello gorgeous. I dislike Kale but my pal made Kale crisps in her air fryer and they were yummy.

I realise none of this helps you cos I have no idea how she made them and she is on holiday so can't even ask 😃

They’re alright, easy to overdo. They were a ‘thing’ about 10 years ago, mind :)

Hello stranger.

You've been a big miss,

But haway, Kale crisps you are obsessed with the cabbage so ya are.

Where've yay been Mrs?! 😂

We (Mr R) made Kale crisps years ago, think we just put the kale on a baking tray and sprayed them with low cal oil spray and baked in an oven. Seem to remember they didn't take long as we definitely burnt a few, just keep keep checking on them.

Back