Just under £2mill asking price for The Point

Applies to most cities except Sunderland?

You could almost think ruining the city's former grand buildings was an actual planning policy
I’m genuinely baffled by how badly Sunderland’s planners were with keeping historic buildings.

It’s criminal some of the decisions taken over the last 60/70 years

I’m genuinely baffled by how badly Sunderland’s planners were with keeping historic buildings.

It’s criminal some of the decisions taken over the last 60/70 years

It was the same all over the country. Victorian buildings fell out of fashion around the 60's with many getting demolished.

Think it will any decent interest? I was last there for the Sam Allardyce night...great night

Logon or register to see this image

Helen Wall MRICSView Helen Wall MRICS’ profile
• 3rd+
Director at Bradley Hall Sunderland | Chartered Surveyor & RICS Registered Valuer | RICS APC Mentor
3h •
Follow

LEISURE OPPORTUNITY FOR SALE

The Point is a landmark building in Sunderland City Centre dating from 1920’s of early Art Deco architectural style, and being the former ABC Cinema which has been converted to leisure use. The property is of brick construction, under a flat concrete deck parapet roof with prominent full height glazed central main entrance section with high visibility glazed canopy and prominent signage.

Within the Park Lane frontage, there is separate access to ground floor level late night bars trading as Live Lounge and Glitterball with 800 and 500 person capacities.

A double width staircase provides access to the first floor events venue which has double height atrium ceiling, fitted long bar and island bar servery’s, with dance floor and raised stage area, providing space suitable for an array of purposes.

The Point occupies a strategic site at the junction of Holmeside with Park Lane, having return frontage to both and being situated opposite the main Holmeside entrance into The Bridges Shopping centre.

The property benefits from a Pavement License for 100 people.

This is a unique opportunity for a purchaser to acquire a prominent building within Sunderland city centre at an exciting time of significant regeneration.

Asking price £1,950,000

Get in touch with myself or Joint Agent, David Cash at Christie & Co. for further information.

Email: [email protected]
Tel: 0191 5634242

Bradley Hall | North East

#commercialproperty #leisureopportunity #sunderland
https://www.linkedin.com/search/res...ship3_search_srp_all;r0HbyNFVRGOcilgvNqTkXg==
One of the problems was its randomness and terrible networking
Never heard anything about last night and I'm on the mailing list and Fbook page .
Town needs proper nightclubs again. The Point could get loads in back in the day. Never the best place but it was an option.
Bars have licences til daft o clock
Who's going to be in these massive night clubs ? Age group? Style of music etc

Last edited:

Back