Just under £2mill asking price for The Point

6inarow

Winger
Think it will any decent interest? I was last there for the Sam Allardyce night...great night

Logon or register to see this image

Helen Wall MRICSView Helen Wall MRICS’ profile
• 3rd+
Director at Bradley Hall Sunderland | Chartered Surveyor & RICS Registered Valuer | RICS APC Mentor
3h •
Follow

LEISURE OPPORTUNITY FOR SALE

The Point is a landmark building in Sunderland City Centre dating from 1920’s of early Art Deco architectural style, and being the former ABC Cinema which has been converted to leisure use. The property is of brick construction, under a flat concrete deck parapet roof with prominent full height glazed central main entrance section with high visibility glazed canopy and prominent signage.

Within the Park Lane frontage, there is separate access to ground floor level late night bars trading as Live Lounge and Glitterball with 800 and 500 person capacities.

A double width staircase provides access to the first floor events venue which has double height atrium ceiling, fitted long bar and island bar servery’s, with dance floor and raised stage area, providing space suitable for an array of purposes.

The Point occupies a strategic site at the junction of Holmeside with Park Lane, having return frontage to both and being situated opposite the main Holmeside entrance into The Bridges Shopping centre.

The property benefits from a Pavement License for 100 people.

This is a unique opportunity for a purchaser to acquire a prominent building within Sunderland city centre at an exciting time of significant regeneration.

Asking price £1,950,000

Get in touch with myself or Joint Agent, David Cash at Christie & Co. for further information.

Email: [email protected]
Tel: 0191 5634242

Bradley Hall | North East

#commercialproperty #leisureopportunity #sunderland
https://www.linkedin.com/search/res...ship3_search_srp_all;r0HbyNFVRGOcilgvNqTkXg==

Nightclubs are gone.

Bars opening late killed off the proper nightclubs. Back in the day you would happily queue for an hour to get in. Was always a fine line between leaving the bar early and leaving it too late.
Probably right mate. Younger people aren’t as bothered about clubs, more about looking cool.

Probably right mate. Younger people aren’t as bothered about clubs, more about looking cool.
Tbf why pay for entry to a club when the bars are open till the same time.

Depends what you’re looking for I suppose.

Mind I used to love going to cosmic ballroom or world headquarters till it was daylight when I was younger.

How much did the refurb cost? As I seem to recall a figure of £5m being mentioned when the skyscraper to be built there was first proposed.

I know they occasionally have gigs on there, but it would make a canny music venue if someone could get regular events on additional to the fire station

Back