Just looking at the last 10 years of transfers.....

6inarow

Winger
Sunderland have bought (or free transfer) 98 permanent players on the books, that is not including loan signings, it adds up to a new team every season or there abouts. He didnt really have control of his ship did he!

The worrying thing is that we are heading towards the exact same “New team required” scenario this summer. It’s why I suggested playing 6 or 7 of our kids and leaving them in regardless of results back in January....it might not have saved this season but may well have helped get us off to a better start next.

Sunderland have bought (or free transfer) 98 permanent players on the books, that is not including loan signings, it adds up to a new team every season or there abouts. He didnt really have control of his ship did he!
Bad enough just looking at the last 10 players never mind 10 years. Frighteningly bad.

Thats what happens when you keep sacking managers, we should never have sacked bruce

The worrying thing is that we are heading towards the exact same “New team required” scenario this summer. It’s why I suggested playing 6 or 7 of our kids and leaving them in regardless of results back in January....it might not have saved this season but may well have helped get us off to a better start next.
Not wanting to stalk you but a new team each year goes hand in hand with a new manager every year. Every time we have a new manager he wants his own players in and we then get rid of the previous managers anyway we can and on the cheap. This has been a massive part of our problem. Until we reduce the turnover of managers we will continue with this mess.

Not wanting to stalk you but a new team each year goes hand in hand with a new manager every year. Every time we have a new manager he wants his own players in and we then get rid of the previous managers anyway we can and on the cheap. This has been a massive part of our problem. Until we reduce the turnover of managers we will continue with this mess.

But it won’t happen this summer even if Coleman stays. He doesn’t really rate our own kids and a big chunk of his senior pros will be gone. Throw in all the loan players and he could be shorn of 15 players currently at the club....so the question isn’t whether keeping Coleman stops the churn but who is best suited to managing the inevitable churn.

If I could be arsed to find it, I did a massive post on all the dealings to show how poor they have been.

When you have contracts expiring at the same time and loan signings leaving what else would you expect.
The reason we are where we are is due to buying pretty average players but nurturing loanees, I did mention it years ago that we would never progress doing the same thing season after season.

Now we are a total shambles and a joke of a club on the back of it, along with managers who were more bothered about not losing than winning, we haven't exactly been blessed in all departments.

Back