Just for fun - what's the best pic you've taken this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOT taken for the SMB competition, though to join in you MUST have submitted at least one entry to that competition by year end.

Stick them in this thread and at the end of the year we'll have a vote to pick the best.

Winner gets to gloat for a bit.

Probably my Rosette in this month's competition but I will go for this in its place:

Logon or register to see this image

Canon EOS20D, Samyang 8mm/f3.5 fisheye lens @ f3.5, 696x30 seconds at ISO400, stacked in Startrails v1.1

C&C welcome

Probably my Rosette in this month's competition but I will go for this in its place:

Canon EOS20D, Samyang 8mm/f3.5 fisheye lens @ f3.5, 696x30 seconds at ISO400, stacked in Startrails v1.1

C&C welcome

that's brilliant mate, the colour of the sky is beautiful. any idea what the 2 shorts streaks of light are to the left of centre? planets maybe?

sorry if this is a daft question, but is the process automatic? or do you have to take 696 shots every 30 secs manually ??? :confused:

NOT taken for the SMB competition, though to join in you MUST have submitted at least one entry to that competition by year end.

Stick them in this thread and at the end of the year we'll have a vote to pick the best.

Winner gets to gloat for a bit.

Do we have till 31st December to post a photograph?

This is the one I'm happiest with. Stumbled upon the building by accident, but the shot came out exactly as I'd planned, with no editing required. That doesn't happen very often ;)

Laugarneskirkja

Flickr
C&C welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just qualify with this one, taken on 9 January 2010. It's made especially poignant by the fact that the pier in the background, Hastings pier, burnt down a couple of months ago.

picture.php

P.S. by no means the best shot of the year, but one of the ones I've taken which means the most to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Took this on August bank holiday. South Harbour Beach,Blyth. The little girl is my daughter Amelia throwing sticks, she just looks so alone in that picture it makes me feel like a bad Dad for not being there. Strange feeling when I seen it on the PC for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back