Just days after we're told the green man isn't long enough to cross, advice is now to walk faster...

Status
Not open for further replies.

This "Walk 10,000 steps per day" has been totally uncovered as nonsense. Because it doesn't account for how they are walked.
Better to do 1,000 quick ones than 10,000 plodding

This "Walk 10,000 steps per day" has been totally uncovered as nonsense. Because it doesn't account for how they are walked.
So 1000 steps fast downhill is better than 10000 slow up a mountain? ;)
Or does that not account for how they're walked?

Reactions: PTR
...if you're middle aged and live a sedentary lifestyle.

Middle-aged people are being urged to walk faster to help stay healthy, amid concern high levels of inactivity may be harming their health.

Officials at Public Health England said the amount of activity people did started to tail off from the age of 40.

They are urging those between the ages of 40 and 60 to start doing regular brisk walks.

They say just 10 minutes a day could have a major impact, reducing the risk of early death by 15%.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-41030630
Ban them from owning bungalows,daft idea.Just breeds laziness

My fitbit target is 13,000 a day

I smash it nearly every day. occasionally struggle to meet it on a weekend but a decent walk with the dogs is 4 or 5000

21,000 yesterday from pottering.

Mosely did a comparison on a desk guy who nails it in the gym after work,someone who jogs at weekends and a waitress on her feet all day.The waitress was the most effective in working her heart and general fitness and health

I'm used to this shit now. One week, a glass of red wine each day will allow you to live to a hundred years. Next week a sip each day and you dead from cancer by the time you're fifty.
Just do the basics. We need exercise to make the body function better. It doesn't have to be a half marathon but I know people who can't walk fifty metres to the shops. Stupidity and making a rod for our own backs.

Reactions: PTR
My fitbit target is 13,000 a day

I smash it nearly every day. occasionally struggle to meet it on a weekend but a decent walk with the dogs is 4 or 5000

21,000 yesterday from pottering.

My nephew got a fitbit for his 16th birthday.

A day later, somehow he'd managed 8,000 steps without even leaving his bedroom.

Why did they remove the beeping sound from crossings now? Used to be easier to know when to cross as you heard the beeps.

Do blind people not have more bother without them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back