June - Round 6; Ghostly or Spooky - Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might just take a photo of my telly screen because it's the ghost of England we're watching out there right now :-(

Well I read Chapter 8, combining images, I think I sort of understood the gist of what was going on. But I have to download the GIM Programme don't I, to use it, and I don't really like downloading stuff.

Yes you do. I think you can trust this one. Of course it's completely legal to download too.

Well I read Chapter 8, combining images, I think I sort of understood the gist of what was going on. But I have to download the GIM Programme don't I, to use it, and I don't really like downloading stuff.

http://www.gonk.org/

Totally free, legal and safe to download.

Yes you do. I think you can trust this one. Of course it's completely legal to download too.
Well I've downloaded, installed and had a play. So far have worked out how to get a picture from my pictures to work on. I guess it will be a case of experimenting. Also I need to know what sort of end result I am after or what I want to do. It is hard to know what journey to take if you don't know your destination. :confused:

http://www.gonk.org/

Totally free, legal and safe to download.
Thanks for link.

Well I've downloaded, installed and had a play. So far have worked out how to get a picture from my pictures to work on. I guess it will be a case of experimenting. Also I need to know what sort of end result I am after or what I want to do. It is hard to know what journey to take if you don't know your destination. :confused:

Thanks for link.

I'd recommend doing 'Save As' regularly. Do it after ever major 'thing' you do, that way you can go back to an older version if you've gone too far.

But yeah - you're best off having a decent idea of what you're trying to create - trial and error doesn't apply quite as much.

I'd recommend doing 'Save As' regularly. Do it after ever major 'thing' you do, that way you can go back to an older version if you've gone too far.

But yeah - you're best off having a decent idea of what you're trying to create - trial and error doesn't apply quite as much.
Your signature should surely read "OCD - the ocean's dyslexic fish" ?

;)

I was quite tempted to make it something vaguely astronomical, though not enter myself, just to encourage the SMB'ers to have a go. It would have to be the sun or moon though, as it doesn't get any darker than twilight in July, up here in the UK. July is a good time to image the moon in "context" as it is always low in the sky.

No matter how apecific the topic I get the feeling we would still vary our interpretations.

But remember, not everyone uses a DLSR and/or tripod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back