JUNE 2014 - Voting - Open month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

oROSSo

Striker
Staff member
This month was an open month. Please judge peoples entries on how close you think they came to capturing what they tried to but most importantly what appeals to you.

Singular vote this month.

Good luck to all the entrants. The voting will close in 1 week.

Entries are here:

xengallery_photos_m_2186_e1969058fa40eb712fc8612ca6223960.jpg

Album: JUNE 2014 - Photography competition - OPEN THEME
by oROSSo
THEME - OPEN Your favourite picture taken in the month of June. Please leave a small description of what you were trying to capture and the thought process behind the shot. All welcome!

critique:

Morphious: Nice idea but I may have framed to pylon slightly more in the frame to emphasise your point, its a bit more distracting on the periphery. Also needs a bit of a straighten.
Tom Tom Macute: Creative, imaginative, nicely framed. Vote
Jaxaxe:
Again, nice thought behind it and does convey what you're trying to say. Sadly out of focus.
Tripper: As you say, bit of a dull day which makes for muted colours in the rocks and poor visability out to the lighthouse. Bit of dead space to the right of the frame that I'd avoid.
HebburnMackem: Emotive face, he truly does look lost, as if he's struggling to see a way forward. Shame the face is OOF.
Minkeysteve: Lovely mono conversion, deep with nice contrast, perfect DOF with just enough in focus but falling off softly in the right places, interesting subject. Close to my vote.

Being a big fan of B/W voted for Hebburnmackem, just by a short head over oROSSo as it appears I can only vote for one.

For those interested the mouse copped it and is now an ex-mouse.

Ross gets my vote.

Some really nice entries this month. Special mentions to the rat catcher and the street shot of the homeless dude. I'd have added in some extra noise to that one as its a little soft and the noise might have given it a bit more edge.

Hated them all but voted for Ross and minkey as had the most sympathy for their efforts

Hang on, the iPad not allowing multi voting

Bad luck Ross

Hated them all but voted for Ross and minkey as had the most sympathy for their efforts

Hang on, the iPad not allowing multi voting

Bad luck Ross
:lol: Nowt like a bit of honesty!

I set it to singular vote, always thought multi voting was daft but I'll go with it next month if everyone wants it

:lol: Nowt like a bit of honesty!

I set it to singular vote, always thought multi voting was daft but I'll go with it next month if everyone wants it
Multi voting please. AB22 asked everybody what they wanted and open and multi won.

If you only want to vote once you still can.

For this month :
@Morphious - Did you take the photo and think "nature in a changing landscape" or did you have that aim in mind before you took the photo? If you did have the challenge in mind first I think you have succeeded admirably with the pylons and the seals and birds. As a photograph though I don't really know what I'm meant to be looking at and it's all a bit busy. To be honest I thought the seals were mud/rocks or something. Maybe zooming in (if your camera allows) or getting closer to your subject may have provided you with a stronger image.

Find it hard to judge "no theme" months because they tend to favour the more experienced photographer, whereas when there is a theme everybody has to meet a theme and it seems to level the playing field.
I'm going to give the only vote I have to morphious as he is a newcomer and had an interesting aim.

If I had more votes they would have gone to TomTom and oROSSo.-

@tom tom macute - love the (unintentional?) play on words in yours too :)

Last edited:
Thanks peach. I went to seal sands to take the photo to see how the seals had survived the industrial setup of the tees. Id read that there used to be nearly 2000 seals there before industry took hold and had steadily been increasing in numbers. This was my first trip out with only my 18-55mm lens so couldn't zoom in as much as I wanted. Hopefully problem solved now ive got hold of a second lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back