July Challenge: Capture a stranger - Street Style - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I'm a day or two late starting this, busy times.

Back to a subject theme for July. Please don't get into any bother when you Capture a Stranger, Street Style. And of course don't physically capture them, just in a photo.

Shots must be taken between now and the end of July

Happy shooting

I did a lot of street shooting when I started out with my camera - much of it from the hip.

It would be interesting to see what lens people are using, how many will go close in and how many rely on the old 300mm zoom.

You'd have to have big balls to go for the 50mm or 85mm portrait lens. I think this is where a rangefinder would earn its corn.

I caught a programme on BBC4 a year or two back where a street photographer was wandering along Brighton promenade sticking his DSLR under people's noses and happily snapping away.

You'd have to have big balls to go for the 50mm or 85mm portrait lens. I think this is where a rangefinder would earn its corn.

I caught a programme on BBC4 a year or two back where a street photographer was wandering along Brighton promenade sticking his DSLR under people's noses and happily snapping away.

I've used a 50mm when doing this but you're right about the rangefinder. Maybe it's an excuse to buy one of these babies.

I did a lot of street shooting when I started out with my camera - much of it from the hip.

It would be interesting to see what lens people are using, how many will go close in and how many rely on the old 300mm zoom.

I only have the kit 18-55 and a 10-24 :roll: so from the hip it is. Shame this is not next months theme as the Edinburgh festival is on.

For the locals its the Mouth of the tyne festival this weekend, parade etc from Gypsies green Stadium on Saturday I think

I think that a photo of the fans heading towards the SOL would have been a good entry for this. I haven't entered for a couple of months so I'll try to get one in this month.

At first I thought the challenge was to....

Sorry I'm a day or two late starting this, busy times.

Back to a subject theme for July. Please don't get into any bother when you Capture a Stranger's Feet Style. And of course don't physically capture them, just in a photo.

Shots must be taken between now and the end of July

Happy shooting

picture.php

There's mine in. I reckon this was quite a fun challenge. I was trying to post from an iPad and ballsed it up first so my post needs a little tidying. Sorry AB22.

Right my entry is now in, I noticed this bloke in one of the galleries of the Summer Palace in Beijing and thought the building framed him nicely (although I am sure others will disagree). A couple of the other possibles I was thinking of entering :-

Logon or register to see this image

Dressed for the Wall

Logon or register to see this image

Incense Burning

Praying for a few more votes

I hope no one has had the problems shown here when trying to get a shot for this months challenge.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJH9F7Hcluo&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Strange that there are 26 CCTV cameras looking at me from leaving my car in the Walkergate car park in Durham and going into BHS , a distance of a couple of hundred yards, and nobody bothers to ask my permision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back