Judith Kerr RIP

Keawyeds

Striker
Judith Kerr, author of Mog, The Tiger who Came to Tea and many other beloved children's books has died age 95.

She fled Nazi Germany with her family in 1933 too and in 2013, Britain's first bilingual state school in English and German, the Judith Kerr Primary School in Herne Hill, south London, was named after her.

Quite a legacy. RIP

My two boys’ favourite book when they were very young. Something just magical about it. In the scheme of things in the world it would be considered small but I think she’s made a big mark of happiness in so many young kids’ lives. Good innings too.

95 is a class knock.

I'd only read TTWCFT relatively recent.
My take was that it was about Nazi's ransacking your life, although that has been refuted from what I recall.

95 is a class knock.

I'd only read TTWCFT relatively recent.
My take was that it was about Nazi's ransacking your life, although that has been refuted from what I recall.

Someone else said something similar to Judith Kerr and she said, with deliberate pauses "It's about a tiger... who comes for tea".
She never said it was about the Nazis. Although when you've written "When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit" I think you've nailed your colours to the mast pretty well there

Judith Kerr, author of Mog, The Tiger who Came to Tea and many other beloved children's books has died age 95.

She fled Nazi Germany with her family in 1933 too and in 2013, Britain's first bilingual state school in English and German, the Judith Kerr Primary School in Herne Hill, south London, was named after her.

Quite a legacy. RIP

I'm familiar with the Herne Hill school but I thought Haberdasher Aske had been German for longer :confused:

Aww that's sad news :( The Tiger Who Came to Tea was the most popular book when I was going into the Primary school and reading with the little ones.
I never read that book, though my favourite kids books were the Little Black Sambo books, written & illustrated by Helen Bannerman.
I loved the story where the tigers were chasing each other round and round a tree.
They ran so quickly that they all melted and were reduced to a pool of Ghee, which LBS's mam (Black Mumbo) used to cook a huge amount of pancakes.
BM ate 27 pancakes and Black Jumbo (dad) ate 55 pancakes, but LBS was so hungry, he ate 169 pancakes :lol: :lol:
I've still got a copy of the book, here at home. :D

Back