JRE - Johann Hari - Drug Addiction

Aituk7

Striker

Johann Hari is on JRE live right now talking about Drug Addiction.

This man is a genius on the subject and literally went down the heroin hole and came out the other side to find out what drives drug addiction and how to fix it.

Spoiler alert we're doing a bad job, the Americans are doing worse.

But for anyone who's interested in the drug war, drug addiction and what countries have done with positive results to drastically reduce drug crime.... have a listen.

The story about how the prime minister of switzerland convinced a really conservative minded population to legalise heroin and pay for a free drug treatment plan is fascinating as well.

Last edited:

Thanks for the heads up. His last one was quite enlightening as well.
I heard him start talking about rat park and I was like "Ohhh I remember this!"

he's covered a lot of the old ground starting off....

Rat park though..... "A place where rats can have fun, lounge about and shag all day.... turns out they didn't want heroin anymore" :lol::lol:

Johann Hari is on JRE live right now talking about Drug Addiction.

This man is a genius on the subject and literally went down the heroin hole and came out the other side to find out what drives drug addiction and how to fix it.

Spoiler alert we're doing a bad job, the Americans are doing worse.

But for anyone who's interested in the drug war, drug addiction and what countries have done with positive results to drastically reduce drug crime.... have a listen.

The story about how the prime minister of switzerland convinced a really conservative minded population to legalise heroin and pay for a free drug treatment plan is fascinating as well.

Just started watching this now in bed.

The so called "War on Drugs" was never designed to work or help those with addictions, its was implemented and there to feed off them.

The so called "War on Drugs" was never designed to work or help those with addictions, its was implemented and there to feed off them.
Far seedier and dirty story than that.

Listen to the podcast mate, I didn't realise how many people fought against the drug war being started at the time

The little fucker! I thought he just made up his quotes and sources :lol:
Nah he copied loads, he was on this drug at the time that kept him awake I think and he just went f***ing crazy :lol:

The weird thing is he's done some great investigative works since so it was in him to do well but he had some major issues... used to edit wikipedia pages about himself and other writers to bias them aswell.

Back