Jordan Henderson

That's some achievement.
It made me look up euro 2012 because couldn't remember it apart from Italy game. Found this in a report of the Italy game, shows how bad things were!

- England's most frequent passing combination was between Joe Hart and Andy Carroll, who entered the game as a substitute frontman after an hour.

Henderson is a far better footballer than he has ever been credited with. There have always been a vociferous mob who have been unable to recognise his ability and role as a facilitator of others. I'd be surprised if he isn't in the squad but doubt he will start. He has lots tournament experience and tends to stay calm when it's needed and can raise the tempo with his passing too so a good player to have around

He has trashed his personal reputation and took his foot off the pedal if he wants to be seen as a genuine contender. I can see him retiring after this season with his stint at Ajax keeping him more or less match fit for the Euros.

Until the unfathomable Saudi Arabia move I'd have loved him back here and was always proud of his football achievements and apparent integrity, but not now. He clearly regrets it from a football point of view and must regret the rest, even if he won't say so in public.

Henderson is a far better footballer than he has ever been credited with. There have always been a vociferous mob who have been unable to recognise his ability and role as a facilitator of others. I'd be surprised if he isn't in the squad but doubt he will start. He has lots tournament experience and tends to stay calm when it's needed and can raise the tempo with his passing too so a good player to have around

He has trashed his personal reputation and took his foot off the pedal if he wants to be seen as a genuine contender. I can see him retiring after this season with his stint at Ajax keeping him more or less match fit for the Euros.

Until the unfathomable Saudi Arabia move I'd have loved him back here and was always proud of his football achievements and apparent integrity, but not now. He clearly regrets it from a football point of view and must regret the rest, even if he won't say so in public.
Whilst he's a grown man & makes his own decisions, he must have been so ill advised & not least by Southgate. Southgate should have been saying if you go out to that mickey mouse league I can't pick you, it will make us both look like mugs, instead he backed him 100%! Then Southgate is giving interviews doubling down saying "I've no idea why the fans are booing him." It was sickening to watch the blatant sport washing from the England manager, both Henderson & Southgate plummeted in my opinions of both, wouldn't want either anywhere near my club & in Henderson's case that's a real shame (that I & many others feel that way). He Surely wouldn't have made the move if Southgate had been resistant to it.

All that said, now he's at Ajax I think you have to take him, especially given how weak we are in cm. We have more attacking mids than we can fit into one team but very few options to partner Rice. The best option is looking like an 18yr old in his 1st professional season so all the more reason to take the experience of Henderson along.

Back