Joplings to reopen by September 2018

My dear old mam always used to remind me and my sister how she had taken us to Joblings on the day before the night that it burnt down in 1954. I still have some sort of vague recollection of that day but I was so young at the time that I am not sure if my mam didn't plant what I can "remember" in to my memory. I would have been almost three years old at the time.

I do however remember going for the first time to the rebuilt store because it had an escalator. Perhaps my recollection of the day beore the fire is mixed up with that memory. Any other of the old gits got memories of Joblings?

My dear old mam always used to remind me and my sister how she had taken us to Joblings on the day before the night that it burnt down in 1954. I still have some sort of vague recollection of that day but I was so young at the time that I am not sure if my mam didn't plant what I can "remember" in to my memory. I would have been almost three years old at the time.

I do however remember going for the first time to the rebuilt store because it had an escalator. Perhaps my recollection of the day beore the fire is mixed up with that memory. Any other of the old gits got memories of Joblings?
I remember there was a mini slide in the basement I think for us kids to play on.I must have been 2 or 3 at the time.

Also the toy dept in the basement was magical.The train line which was suspended in the air.

Joblings was a factory ,we're talking about a shop ran by a Chinese millionaire
called Jo

Back