Jonny Bairstow

I'm more than happy to be wrong. I was a huge fan in the past but he had gone through a period of averaging 20 in 40+ innings which was more than a drop in form. When he was recalled against India last year I thought he was lucky but he has been undeniably brilliant and i'm delighted for him. He is a great team player and cares deeply about his cricket. Suggesting players being dropped after long periods of poor form particularly when the team is losing isn't unreasonable its similar with Crawley at the minute.

Ridiculous how he was dropped for the Ashes. Even not considering being 2nd to Root in terms of runs in the India series prior to the Ashes, you would pick him based on quality and being able to make a difference in the middle order. Unfortunately for him he has to keep scoring these runs to stop the inevitable calls for him to be dropped again

I was wrong
Hands up. Seconded.
To be fair, I had him in my side for the first test of the summer

Unlike some others :lol:

I have criticised a lot over the years mind, and I’m glad to be wrong
Again, exactly the same. :rolleyes::lol:

Btw, I f***ing love it when someone proves me wrong. And Bairstow has (Leach too).

Long live the Ginger King.
I was fuming when he came back into the test side last summer, fair play Jonny you’ve proven me wrong

Fair play to @The Rat as well for always backing his man
I'm f***ing glad Ratty isn't here for this mind. :lol:

Have enough of you fuckers mentioning me in comments without him

Last edited:
Hands up. Seconded.

Again, exactly the same. :rolleyes::lol:

Btw, I f***ing love it when someone proves me wrong. And Bairstow has (Leach too).

Long live the Ginger King.

I'm f***ing glad Ratty isn't here for this mind. :lol:

Have enough of you fuckers mentioning me in comments without him
You wait for tomorrow night Jamie my lad

I'm more than happy to be wrong. I was a huge fan in the past but he had gone through a period of averaging 20 in 40+ innings which was more than a drop in form. When he was recalled against India last year I thought he was lucky but he has been undeniably brilliant and i'm delighted for him. He is a great team player and cares deeply about his cricket. Suggesting players being dropped after long periods of poor form particularly when the team is losing isn't unreasonable its similar with Crawley at the minute.
He was a victim of being messed about ..... when someone is doing well there's a tendency to move him higher in the order and then when his form disappears to just say he's sh .... not very good. That same happened with Moein/Mioen/Meine - Ali (never could spell his first name). It's the cricket equivalent of killing the golden goose.

Fair play. He’s had loads of doubters in the past but it’s not really about people being proved wrong for me, it’s just fantastic to see him starting to fulfil the massive potential he’s always had.

I’ve always thought we’re very lucky to have three world class keeper-batsmen at the same time that we can call on and for me it was always about how do we best use them or fit them in the team. Unfortunately for Jos it doesn’t look like it’s going to be, at least for now anyway, but long May it continue for the other two.

Mind you, I wonder how long it’ll be before we add Billings onto that list to make it four ;)

He was a victim of being messed about ..... when someone is doing well there's a tendency to move him higher in the order and then when his form disappears to just say he's sh .... not very good. That same happened with Moein/Mioen/Meine - Ali (never could spell his first name). It's the cricket equivalent of killing the golden goose.
Modern. or Moeen

Back